Thursday 10 September 2009

HUNGRY!!

I am hungry. I always seem to by hungry at the moment, I don't know what is wrong with me.

Maybe I have got worms or something!

Mrs RC (busy feeding our teenage children) suggested that I might be in for a growth spurt. Hope not, guys my age only grow in one direction!

Another suggestion is that it is my new bike!

I got a new bike on Saturday, having decided that the quotes for maintenance to the old one were just too stupid to consider. We cycled to the next town along the coast where there is a good bike shop, bought one and then waited for it to be sorted out for riding home.

Of course, this meant I was in the wrong town with my old bike - what to do?

In the end I just gave it to a teenager I met in the street. He was a bit of a Goth and looked OK. He was suspicious of me at first ("Um, do I know you?") but when I explained my situation he was happy enough to take my old bike as a gift from a total stranger.

Anyway, the new bike is amazing, but I am thinking that in taking advantage of is amazingness I am pedalling just a bit harder than usual, burning more calories, leading to my never ending hunger!

I hope so.

I hope it's not worms...

Or a growth spurt...

7 comments:

Michele said...

Well, you WERE just pooped on, so I'm going with worms.
;-D

agg79 said...

No pictures of the new bike? You tease.

That's a great story about giving your old bike away to a stranger. Would be interesting to see what the kid did with it. Too often we are suspicious of unsolicited gifts (what's in it for me?). Kudos man and here's to smooth trails on your new wheels.

terri said...

Maybe you're pregnant? Nah, you're probably right. It's probably the bike.

Rock Chef said...

Michele - Yeah, thanks for that thought!

agg79 - Thanks - I will see if I can post a pic of the new wheels later today.

Terri - Pregnant? I'd never have to work again!

Sid said...

You think yu're hungry. Trying fasting. Each day for 30 days. God I'm ready to have this whole thing over with.

Rock Chef said...

Sid - I could see myself losing lots of friends if I had to do that. "Hungry, let's eat some chocolate" I can live with. "Hungry, have to wait til sundown" would make me a very unpleasant person.

Sitting In Silence said...

Must be worms....LOL your next 2 posts are about food as well LMAO.
Shall I send you some vermox ? xox