Anyway, the discussion on the radio turned to the thought that a lot of the men who are buying this game will be in relationships, possibly even parents. They posed the question for female listeners: What would you do if your partner started playing this game? The female presenter then went on to talk about a previous boyfriend who was obsessed with these sorts of games and the fact that his idea of a great evening was to play video games with his house-mate and ignore her completely! She decided that she did not want to continue with a relationship with someone like that, and good for her!
This got me thinking about general things that are instant put offs, and also what puts us off of people in a longer term relationship, not necessarily as boyfriend/girlfriend, of course.
So, 3 questions:
- What would you do if your other half turned up with a copy of Grand Theft Auto?
- Is there something that instantly puts you off someone?
- What is the thing that is most likely to make you end a relationship?
For the record, my answers are:
- I know that my wife would not let the game in the house anyway, but I would destroy it at the first opportunity.
- Attitudes towards children.