Wednesday 29 July 2009

Summer time...

and the living is easy....


Today I have a half day - this afternoon I am playing toy soldiers! Woo hoo!

Then I only have 2 days left until it is holiday time!

Yay!

2 weeks off!

Week 1 will include some camping (which will be a bit wet if the weather doesn't change).

Week 2 will be spent near home, and includes my birthday! Yep, I will be 46! Alternatively, if I follow the idea of refusing to be 40 and calling it thirty-ten, I become thirty-sixteen which has a rather nice ring to it, don't you think?

Anyway, just because I will be away, don't take that as an excuse to ignore my blog. I have set up a few scheduled posts to go out while I am away, pointing out a few interesting anniversaries that I wanted to share.

More tomorrow and Friday, too, of course!

Have a great hump-day!

7 comments:

James said...

Good luck with your game, what are you playing? It is raining here 150 miles north of you. I have been soaked already twice today walking out in it.

terri said...

I'm knocking off early today too, although not quite as early as you. Enjoy your soldiers!

Thirty-sixteen has a very nice ring to it. I'm going with that age system from now on too.

Jenelle said...

Enjoy the day, the holiday, and your soldiers. Age - my dad always claimed to have anniversaries instead. The 25th anniversary of his 39th birthday.

Rock Chef said...

We played Mutant Chronicles (Sci-fi skirmish), winning one game each, then went on to Last Night on Earth, a Zombie board game. Great fun. The humans won, but I turned the village priest into a Zombie...

Terri - Hope you enjoyed the short day!

Jenelle - Thanks. I like your dad's idea! That makes this the 30th anniversary of my 16th birthday! Cool! That calls for a big party, IMO!

Michele said...

I'm a bit late, so...
I hope you are having a great vacation, AND hope you have an awesome birthday!

Anonymous said...

You're only as old as you feel and that IS true. Crap...I'm 87 then!! LOL!!

Happy Birthday RC!! Enjoy your time off...you deserve it!!

Sitting In Silence said...

Awwwwwwww I love half days where you get to have some time for yourself...Hope you enjoyed your day !