Friday 3 July 2009

Spiderman, Spiderman

My dad has been feeling a bit under the weather lately, so we have taken to walking his dog for him.

His dog is a white, short haired Jack Russell terrier called Spot. He is a fun little dog, who seems to enjoy his walks in the fields with Custard. We don't let them run loose, but have them on those extending leads that wind back in automatically.

Normally, Mrs RC and I take one each when we go out, but when one of us has to do it things can get quite entertaining, as they often decide that the most exciting sniffs are in opposite directions. Mrs RC says that when this happens she feels like Spiderman.

Last night I had to walk them on my own.

Hm, Spiderman, eh? I wonder if you could do it for real, swinging along streets, with dogs on leads? Maybe if you had a pair of bull terriers (or maybe Boston Terriers if you were fairly light?), you could hurl them up so they grapped onto something with their teeth, so you could swing on them? Then, once the second one had a grip the first would let go ready to grab hold of something else? Interesting idea, don't you think?

Better go now, before you get too worried about me!

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

4 comments:

agg79 said...

I can barely keep my one dog from wrapping me up with his leash (I use the retractable leash as well). Between his wanting to meet every other dog (& cat) in the neighborhood, and picking up his souviners, I've got my hands "full". Keep tossing those dogs!

Michele said...

I think you have been partaking of the weekend beers a little early this week! LOL

Sitting In Silence said...

Have you been watching way too much Underdog again ?

terri said...

If anyone can figure out how to do it, you can. Or you could just start your own comic book series with this idea!