Thursday 23 July 2009

Morning conversations...

What keeps a guy happy? This is the topic on the local radio channel as we drag outselves out of bed.

The guy on the radio is much like me - he thinks he only needs 3 things to make his world turn.

  • Food. A hungry guy is never happy.
  • Sex, or "Special Hugs" as he put it on the radio. Most women seem to be able to switch off this urge (or at least ignore it), but guys can't...
  • TV. I guess he needs something to do in between the other 2 things.
Mrs RC asked if this is really true.

Of course it is, I tell her. Guys are very simple creatures, you know that. A full stomach, good sex and something to pass the rest of the time (guitars and toy soldiers in my case) is all we need for a happy life.

Jeez, says Mrs RC, I wish my life was as simple as that!

************************************

Mrs RC is standing in front of me in a new outfit. It really shows the results of her recent diet and exercise regime.

She looks great.

No, she looks fantastic.

OK, she looks so hot I want to throw her onto the kitchen table and...

"Does this look OK?"

"Yes, you look gorgeous."

"I'll look in the mirror again."

"Don't you believe me?"

"Nope!"

"Why not?"

"Because you said I was gorgeous when I weighed XX stone! You're mad!"

11 comments:

agg79 said...

Poor guy. You obviously think you can win this game. No matter what the debate, momma is always right.

And, yes, we are just that simple. Food, sex, & entertainment is all we need.

Rock Chef said...

agg79 - Too right, momma IS always right - except for the 6 times that I somehow managed it!

James said...

Of course you are right , but of course you are preaching to the converted here. Wise is the woman who knows this and is happy with her lot....why do they want more from us?

Rock Chef said...

James - Why indeed! Maybe one of the girls can answer this?

jill said...

I would think the Mrs would be happy that you find her gorgeous at any weight! But yeah, we women are never truly satisfied! :)

terri said...

Why do we want more from men? We're just jealous that your lives are as simple as all that. And since we are never completely happy, we must attempt to drag you down along with us. If we have to always be worried or stressed about something, so do you! ;-)

Princess of the Universe said...

1. You are a wonderful man/husband.

2. What about work/or something intellectually fulfilling?
There is no way I could be happy with those 3 things...not even close!

Ali said...

Sex rules.

That's all I've got.

Rock Chef said...

Jill - Well she never REALLY complained...

Terri - Love it! What a great answer!

Princess - 1. Thank you! 2. You're joking, yes? I would guess that 99% of guys would happily drop work and brain-stuff without a second thought if they could afford it. Default life-style for an umemployed guy is the Big 3...

Ali - That was a guy answer! I love it, though!

The Moody Minstrel said...

In a NUTSHELL...!

I've always wondered if the basic difference between men and women is similar to the basic difference between dogs and cats.

Rock Chef said...

Minstrel - That was brilliant! I think you might be on to something there!