Thursday 30 July 2009

Rain


The rain has been incredible this summer. I can't remember the last time we had a 24 hour period without some sort of rain, and walking the dog seems to regularly coincide with a huge downpour. Not that the dogs care when they are out and of course they just love the rub-downs when we get home!
James suggested that I write a song about British rain, so I started thinking about it and forming some ideas. I think it is getting there now, but it isn't silly like the last 2 - in fact it is utterly morbid! Not sure if I will post it or not, we will see, but it will be a very good song, so thanks to James for the inspiration!
More later!

9 comments:

agg79 said...

Luck you.
We are on the opposite side of the spectrum. We in a drought and have had very little rain since May. It did rain a day or two last week but for the most part it has been hot & muggy. Several lakes in the hill country in central Texas regions have dropped 20-30 feet and it is normal to see boats & boat docks siting on dry land.

Like the song idea. You could always try to make it about your dogs and the rain.

Rock Chef said...

agg79 - That is a big drop in water level, I guess we do have the better deal! I will probably write a happy rain song at some point (the dogs and rain sounds like a great idea, thanks), but right now I have to nail the morbid one...

terri said...

I'm not sure I could handle living somewhere where it rains that much! It would be impossible to ever keep my hair looking decent!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - I guess that is why I feel that things like straighteners are a bit of a waste of time!

kenady said...

what a lovely photo:) the weather has been quite bizarre here as well. i can't wait to hear what kind of song you concoct:)

Rock Chef said...

Not my photo, sadly, but certainly the image that was in my mind when writing the morbid rain song!

Sid said...

Love the picture of rain. Can't wait for summer to start in SA.

Michele said...

Hmmm... one night you are playing a zombie game, the next you write a morbid song about rain? Is there a connection? Is the rain going to turn all of Europe into killer zombies? heeheehee

Sitting In Silence said...

Wow, we have not had a lot of rain here....Beautiful photo !