Monday 15 March 2010

Exhausted...


Update: OK, not exhausted - I think I have got whatever the boys had last week and the girls had this morning! Just staggered to the drug store for some drugs...

The weekend was amazingly busy, but I did get to chill out and watch a couple of very good movies...

I had never heard of this before, and wonder why! It is really my kind of movie! It is a fairlytale, with all the nastiness that you would expect from a true fairytale . All sorts of people pop up - Robert de Niro, Peter O'Toole, Ricky Gervaise - playing strange and wonderful characters. Think Princess Bride with a bigger story and a much bigger budget.


This was another movie that passed under my radar. Two Victorian magicians become rivals in an escalating case of one-upmanship. The story gradually unravels and you find yourself constantly trying to work out the ending, which I almost did.
Two really good movies in a weekend! I really needed them too...

5 comments:

Teresa said...

I hope you feel better!!!

agg79 said...

The Prestige was one of those under the radar movies. I don't recall hearing much about it when it was out in production and I spotted it on Netflix and gave it a run. Good movie with a definite twist.

Good movies to watch while you are under the weather.

Rock Chef said...

Teresa - Feeling a lot better today!

agg79 - Nice to see that I wasn't the only one to miss it!

terri said...

Both sound like movies I would LOVE. Especially the first one. Going to have to check them out.

Marie said...

I saw Stardust too and loved it. I didn't catch the other movie.