Monday 22 March 2010

Cor, what a day!

I didn't want to get up this morning, my butt was glued to the bed.

But I dragged myself out, scoffed some breakfast and set off into the morning sunshine.

The morning passed as a blur of assorted stuff.

At lunchtime I popped into the town for some odds and ends - bought Mrs RC a new body butter from Body Shop - she is a big fan of these things - the new one is Sweet Lemon and smells like a lemon meringue pie. Yummy! :-)

This afternoon one of my classes was presenting posters that we had designed about threatened ecosystems. I did one on a reef in the South China Sea. Despite initial nerves this went well - I tend to be OK after the first couple of sentences, so I started off saying that this assignment had really brought out the old hippy in me, and the followed up with the line from Jurassic Park about nature finding a way. After that I was off and really enjoyed myself.

So now it is time to head for home and find if my mom and dad are talking to each other yet...

Don't ask...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

... I've watched Jurassic Park 1,2 and 3. But I must confess that I was never impressed with them. Just another piece of dinosaur dung to me :)

Oi, post your reef poster here! We live just next to the South China Sea, and I have no idea what happen to the sea people there.

Enlighten us, o Legendary Hippie!

terri said...

You're so sweet to buy Mrs. RC some body butter. I don't think Mark would be caught dead in a body shop unless he was dragged in there by me, and then he would stand by looking disinterested.

Glad your presentation went well. I have no doubt you did great. After all, I've seen your video blogs and you seem like you'd be a natural in front of people.

agg79 said...

I find busy days are better for me. Make the time go by faster. Staying busy beats the alternative.

I used to find it hard to speak in front of crowds/large groups, but I joined a speaking club called Toastmasters that helped me overcome that fear and make it easier to talk to a group of people. I still get nervous, but not in panic mode and at least I can organize my thoughts to speak coherently. Like you said, life finds a way.

What some other flavors of body butter? I'm afraid lemon would make me hungry.