Tuesday 30 March 2010

The Aliens are coming!

I went into my local games shop yesterday and saw a pack of these guys:


They are around half and inch tall and have a variety of weapons (this pistol being the smallest). I painted this guy last night to see how they come up - I will be adding ground-work later. Now I want a small army of them to try to take over the world. In the true spirit of cheap sci-fi movies I will make a flying saucer out of something suitable - not a hub-cap, but something similar - that can hang on a piece of string over the battlefield. I already have a suitable force of humans to fight them! I will have to base the battlefield on Hyde Park or somewhere similar. Aliens always land in places like that don't they? It is either Hyde Park or Central Park...
BTW, the table is very old and shows the wear of at least 4 generations!

5 comments:

terri said...

He's kind of creepy and menacing, but I'll bet it will be fun to paint an army of them!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Hey that's just the look I was hoping for. I think he is based on the Area 51 aliens.

agg79 said...

The aliens are coming!
The aliens are coming!

I think he looks kinda cute. Not like the new, Hollywood, CG versions with long tails and teeth and mind sucking tentatcles. Your guy captures the old-school alien that used to roam the plante in colorful space suits and bug-eyes. Still great job. I cannot wait to see the invasion force marching down Whitehall.

Unknown said...

erm.... this reminds me of the aliens in Mars Attack! movie.

Silly movie, but not bad :)

But now I only go for violently ugly aliens. Hu ha ha ha ha!

Rock Chef said...

agg79 - I will be sure to post photos as things progress!

Shadowthorne - "Mars Attacks!" is one of my favourite movies! My games will attempt to capture some of the silliness of that movie...