Monday 26 January 2009

This weekend...

was exhausting!

It was one of those weekends where I never seemed to stop. Walking the dog, shopping, doing stuff for family, doing stuff for a neighbour, cooking, cleaning....

The thing that kept me going was the new season of Lost. We have been looking forward to this for weeks, and it started last night.

Everything was done.

I settled on the sofa.

Drink was at hand.

I nibbled a Cream Egg.






The opening scene appeared on the screen.

I woke up about half an hour later wondering what the f£$% had happened.

I repositioned myself, trying to watch the rest of the episode, fighting my eyelids to keep them open, but they are sneaky little blighters. At one point I swear they pulled a flanking move and closed from the bottom up!

Still, all was not Lost. (Geddit?, Lost?) They were showing 2 episodes, so I could at least catch the second one. I decided that I would watch it in bed. I headed up the wooden mountain to Bedfordshire, stripped off, splashed myself with cold water in the bathroom and, fresh as a daisy, rolled into bed to watch more.


Yeah, right. I managed to force my eyes open for a few tantalizing glimpses, but other than that I was off counting sheep.



Oh well, it is bound to be on again. Wish me better luck next time!

12 comments:

Jen said...

I've been the EXACT same way lately. I couldn't keep my eyes open to save my life on Saturday night. I was asleep by 8:30 PM and no matter what I did, I couldn't seem to open nor keep them open!

James said...

LOST always had that effect on me but even when I wasn't tired....still America's Next Top Model starts tonight!

Rock Chef said...

Jen - That makes me feel a bit better. At least I am in good company!

James - America's Next Top Model? My daughter watches that. I think it is a great lesson in the fact that beauty is only skin deep - or make-up deep in a not of cases!

kenady said...

I'm so sad you missed it!!! It was amazing! I am a huge LOST fan:) Hubby tivoed it for me while I was in San Diego. We watched it Saturday night:) Some questions were answered... I cross my fingers it comes back on for you:)

Teresa said...

I have been there but now we have DVR so I miss nothing!

Can you watch it online? If not on the show's website but maybe on Youtube??

Rock Chef said...

Kenady - It will be on again before next weekend - they are good at that sort of thing over here.

Teresa - I could watch it online at work, but might get told off! You wouldn't want that, would you?

terri said...

How frustrating! I used to use the t.v. to fall asleep. Did it for years. Now all of a sudden, I absolutely can not fall asleep if the t.v. is on.

mr zig said...

heheh - I hate when that happens... although I LOVE falling asleep to the TV - just not when it's something I really wanted to watch!

Sitting In Silence said...

I'm a little worriesabout your teeth shape after seeing that egg, reminds me of something I saw in Twilight lol xoxoxox

Claire said...

It is crazy when sleep takes over like that! Sat down on my couch the other night at 10 pm and the next thing I knew it was 1 am!!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - That is a strange one isn't it? I wonder if you will suddenly switch back again?

Zig - I agree - sometimes it is a great way to dose off.

Sitting in Silence - Really? My daughter wants to see that, I will look out for it.

Claire - You must have needed it to sleep like that. Hope you didn't miss something you had been waiting for.

Michele said...

I am surprised the sugar high from the Cadbury Egg didn't keep you awake for DAYS! LOL
I am one of the few people I know who like those things.

I have managed to not see one single episode of Lost, so far. It helps when you never turn on the TV! hahaha