Wednesday 14 January 2009

Hump Day!

Today was very hectic, far too much going on around here!

Still, it IS Wednesday, HumpDay, so we are now on the way to the weekend - YAY!

I have noticed something recently - I keep hearing phrases that I haven't heard for a long time. Not that my tired and dulled brain can recall exactly what they were or who said them :-( but it did make me think of one that I would like to use again sometime soon.

Cake-hole.

Cake-hole means "mouth" if you didn't already know that.

Isn't it a great description, especially if you like cake?

So, what long-forgotten term or phrase do you think we should resurrect?

10 comments:

terri said...

Cake hole? I always knew it as pie-hole.

m said...

One thing you should be careful of - don't say "Put some cake in my hole!"

It gets very confusing sometimes.

Chris said...

I've always been keen of "tubular".

It brings me back to my Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle days as a young lad.

Oh, and "knarly" too.

Jen said...

I totally forgot about "cake hole" I think b/c it transitioned to "pie hole" over time! Awesome! You made me giggle. . . .

Remember "rad"? Or is that an American thing?

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Pie-hole? Yes, I think I have heard that version too.

Mindy - Sounds like you are talking from experience :-)

Chris - Oh yes, I had forgotten all those! My kid brother was a Ninja Turtle fan, and thinking about it my eldest had a set of glove puppets too! Totally tubular!

Jen - We were aware of these (rad, radical, etc) but I don't think they ever really caught on. I think it was more of a surfer-dude language, only really used when people were goofing around.

Sid said...

In Afrikaans ppl say bek ... which is generally applied to animals. But if you want to be really rude to someone you say "hou jou bek" - shut your mouth.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

We say pie hole as in "Cedie...open your pie hole".

Rock Chef said...

Sid - Bek? I like that, it does sound very unfriendly, doesn't it?

Wreggie - I'm not sure what to make of that!

Jenelle said...

As long as it isn't gag-me-with-a-spoon I'm pretty good with about everything.

Um Naief said...

'oh like totally'.... i'm like so totally over 'totally' ;)

used to love 'gag me with a spoon' and used it all the time in high school, but we'd add our own other objects ... 'gag me with a -------', whatever we'd decide to put in....

we were sooo hip ! ;) NOT