Monday 19 January 2009

The most depressing day of the year?

"Psychologists have dubbed it "Blue Monday", a date in January when post-Christmas gloom is at its worst.
It is worked out with a formula taking into account six factors: weather, debt, time since Christmas, time since failing our new year's resolutions, low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action. " (Taken from the BBC website).


So let's have a quick look and see if this works for me, shall we?

Weather: OK, so this morning's weather stank, but the sun is now out and there is blue sky peeping through the clouds. Not too bad, eh?

Debt: Yeah, but it is only money, it's not as bad as it was this time last year and we are working on it. Why worry more than that?

Time since Christmas: OK, so the holiday is now a dim memory, but it was great and the kids are still loving the stuff we bought them. Can't get depressed about that!

Time since failing our new year's resolutions: Didn't make any! Hah! Take that Mr Sad-Pants!

Low motivational levels and the feeling of a need to take action: Feeling motivated, taking action and getting results!

Well I think that makes today NOT the most depressing day of the year.
What about you?

9 comments:

Sid said...

Not at all depressed. Very excited. I'm planning all sorts of things and I'm going to Durban and Kruger National Park. I'm going to see lions!!!

Rock Chef said...

Sid - Great to hear! I envy you - I would love to see Lions etc in the wild (sort of).

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Okay...time to rent a stupid movie. I watched Kung Pow yesterday free on hulu.com.

Rock Chef said...

Kung Pow? I think I have been told about that one before!

One of my favourite stupid movies right now is Balls of Fury. Great stuff.

terri said...

SO not depressed. Warmer temps, able to run again, bought my very own bowling shoes.

Nope. Not depressed. Life is good here!

James said...

Yeah I'm depressed. Read my last post? I just killed someone.

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Good to hear it!

James - Just went and read it - not a good one I must say!

mr zig said...

Hm... I didn't feel any depression yesterday! All my classes were canceled, so I had a great day!

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh I'm so glad I totally missed this day ! xoxo