Friday 9 January 2009

Silly Snippets

This morning was very cold again - so cold I saw steam coming out of a sewer cover! I have never seen this in real life before, only in movies when I suspected it was just an effect...

Got my marks for my first 2 assignments since returning to studying. Pass mark is 40, if you get 70 you are into the First Class category (i.e. the best one). I got 74 and 75. OOOH YEAH!!! (said in a Macho Man Randy Savage voice).

My youngest came up with this the other day. He has been watching something that features a "Yo Momma Fight", as in "Yo Momma is so stupid/fat/ugly...". His one was "Yo Momma is so stupid she sold her car for gas money!"

Mr and Mrs RC walking down the road. RC has a bag of chips/fries. He feeds one to Mrs RC. Mrs RC: Oh, that is so good! Can you do me and eat at the same time? (She actually meant "can you FEED me..." Just so you know...)

Have a great weekend!

I will leave you with a bit of Gary Moore.


13 comments:

tz said...

hahahha and CONGRATULATIONS on your grades..er I mean marks...it's funny how it's the same language but w/ subtle differences

love the husband/wife banter

Rock Chef said...

TZ - Thanks - for us, marks are the exact numbers (75, 23, etc) while Grades are broader (First Class, Fail, etc). Thought you would like it, considering your last post!

Anonymous said...

(Laughing) Your wife is awesome!

I've been doing a bit of catch up here - loved your Princess interview. Have one to do of my own. Just need to MAKE time instead of renovating the house.

. . . . again. Yes, it's renovation time - you wouldn't believe the stories. . . .

Congrats on your high grades! Keep it up! But no pressure. . . erm. . . .

terri said...

Awesome grades! Give yourself a big pat on the back. OOOH YEAH! (I used to crack up at the Macho Man Randy Savage!)

Mrs. RC is a hoot!

Jen said...

Rock Chef, that previous "Jen" was me. . .

Chris said...

Those "Yo momma" fights are classic. They should incorporate THOSE into classes.

Ali said...

Nerd alert!!!! Hehe, couldn't resist, sorry :)

Nice job on the school work John, that's aces!

Your youngest sounds like someone I would LOVE to hang out with :)

Mrs. RC...yeah, you THINK she meant feed...but I'm willing to bet she was being a little naughty.

Michele said...

Great Job on the high marks!

Yeah, I am with Ali... **leave it to men to NEVER listen to what the wife says!!** LOL

Rock Chef said...

Jen - Renovating again? The way you are going it would have been easier to just buy a building plot... Great to see you again!

Terri - Wasn't Randy Savage great? Yes, Mrs RC is a hoot. We are often cracking up while the kids look at us as though we are mad - which we are!

Jen - I worked that out, thanks. You haven't been gone THAT long!

Chris - What class would they be put into? English? Drama? Either way I think it would spice things up at school!

Ali - Little Miss Nerdy-Nerdy McNerd-pants is calling me a Nerd? Haha! Just what are you implying about Mrs RC?

Michele - You too, huh? One of you will be suggesting a menu next! :-)

Ali said...

Hahahahaha! Yep. I'm Queen of the nerds, so I know one when I see one ;)

And I was merely suggesting that Mrs. RC was suggesting some additional recreational activity... other than a walk... to shake things up... you know? Hehe.

Teresa said...

Women DO mean exactly what they say...you don't know that by now?? LOL!!

Great job on your grades and I think I would have pushed my trolley (he he) past you fairly quickly as well if I didn't know you better! LOL!

Sitting In Silence said...

Congratulations on those excellent marks....Well done x

Um Naief said...

nice marks there! great job!!!

was wondering what your wife meant... sounds like she's quite the sassy one! ;) love it!!