Friday 30 January 2009

Mmmmm.....

Today is much more relaxed than the last few days - morning lecture, then a bit of study time, a bit of work on the web site this afternoon and then, BAM!, off home for pizza and beer!

This weekend we intend to do as little as possible. Mrs RC is planning some drawing and painting time, as is Number 1 Son who has some work to do for school. I am trying to get motivated to paint some of my soldiers, but haven't done anything for ages. I think the last thing that I actually finished was the Crusader camp scene that I posted photos of a while back! Failing that I will see about getting back to doing a bit of recording on the PC, sorting out some backing tracks that I can play along with.

Also long over-due is finishing off the V-bass! I only ("only", I like that) have to do the metal control panel and attach the knobs and buttons but I keep shying away from doing it. I think it is the thought of drilling through a sheet of metal that puts me off. I think I just need to get a grip and do it, don't you? What's the worst that can happen? Hm, don't answer that one, there are too many nurses reading this blog!

What else? Oh yes, the weather is getting colder and the snow is getting closer! They said on the radio this morning that it is likely to hit us on Sunday! Yay! I love snow! I will try to get some good photos so all you Americans and Canadians can see what a real snowfall is like! Hahaha, I am joking, of course, but the effect it has on us is incredible! 2 inches usually brings things to a complete standstill! We just can't cope!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

kenady said...

So glad things are relaxing a bit for you:) You sounded a little stressed in your last e-mail:)

Can I come over for pizza and beer? It sounds just divine!!

Oh, and about the snow... while I was in San Diego a few flakes fell here in coastal South Carolina (never happens) and everything shut down!! I think 1/16th of an inch stuck... hilarious, eh??

Have a great weekend!

Rock Chef said...

Hi Kenady! Much better now, thanks. Better hurry if you want pizza! Snow down there? Wow! I can imagine the chaos!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

We had an ice storm this past Tuesday & Wednesday. Talk about shutting the city down! The husband and I hunkered down the 1st day, but Wednesday he had to go to work. We wondered for a bit how we were going to get the ice off his vehicle? In the end, we just left the truck running for 30 minutes and that seemed to take care of the ice on the windows! Driving to work was a bit more precarious.

I'd much rather have snow! But even then, like your city, ours shuts down too.

James said...

a good weekend John. I hope you get some painting done..I have been trying to do the same.

Michele said...

Just listen to all of you!! Snow and ice where there usually is none. Here I sit, in the state of Montana, where we SHOULD have snow and we are basking in sun and temps in the high 40's to low 50's! I WANT SNOW!! ( yes, I am jealous.)

Sitting In Silence said...

Someone say Pizza?... .YUMMO...

Hope the snow takes it easy on you !
Post some pictures if you get a chance xoxox

Claire said...

Don't boo and hiss me - but I had a half day today and went to the beach for a good long walk along the ocean - love SC even when it has miniscule snow (they even closed the schools that day Kenady is talking about!)

terri said...

Too bad you live so far away. I'm sure my hubby's tool collection holds something that would drill through a sheet of metal.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy your snow. We are expecting ABOVE freezing temps this weekend. YES! WOO HOO!

Jenelle said...

have a great weekend... pizza does sound good. FYI - we have 15 - 18" of snow on ground still.