Friday 16 January 2009

But isn't it Saturday????

Yesterday Mrs RC had to take our daughter to have her teeth checked so I finished work early and collected our youngest from school.

I decided that it would be good to bring pizza night forward from Friday and set to work on the dough etc, helped along by a Snakebite (half lager, half cider and a dash of blackcurrant) or 2 and Fox News on the kitchen TV. Wow, the more I see the more "interesting" Obama's presidency looks, not to mention the amazing weather in the USA and Canada. A reporter in Indianapolis did a trick of throwing a cup of hot water into the air - it turned to steam and blew away! I know I complain about our lack of snow, but if it brings temperatures like that, I take it all back. You can keep it, OK?

Anyway, after an evening of pizza and beer, my body decided that it must have been Friday, so this morning it wanted a lay in. Get up NOW? Are you kidding me? My legs were really not into the journey today, but I made it in OK. First thing? My Friday morning lecture! Did my brain want to cooperate? Hell no! At one point I couldn't even remember the name of the woman who wrote the Harry Potter books! (J K Rowling, in case you are just as bad as me right now!)

So now I am getting ready to resume work and my body thinks otherwise - I should be playing guitar, or sorting out my toy soldier collection, or reading, or going shopping - anything but EXCEL!

Will this continue? Will I think it is Sunday tomorrow and want to watch awful movies instead of going shopping? We will see.

Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

tz said...

happy weekend to you too! hopefully since you have the feeling that today is sat you'll feel like you had a three day weekend :D...ok, maybe not...

Rock Chef said...

tz - I like that thought! If it works I might do it all the time! Think of that! 3 day weekends for the rest of my working life!

Princess of the Universe said...

I'm not sure "amazing" is what I would call this weather. :P

Michele said...

I hate it when that happens! I tend to think Tuesdays are Wednesdays fairly often. Then I wake up and have to do Wednesday all over again!
Have a good weekend!

terri said...

Oh, gosh! I forgot to have fun with this weather! I'm going to have to try throwing a cup of hot water tonight before the temps start warming up.

So do you think it was the beer that threw you off or just the whole routine? What an awful feeling. Must have been a long day for you.

Um Naief said...

i'm the same way... i mix up days so often, it just isn't funny.

hope you had a good weekend nonetheless.

yeah... aint the weather in the States something? i grew up in indiana and can hardly get over the low temps there. i can remember huge snow drifts, our water pipes freezing and bursting many a winter and playing outside for hours in layers and layers of clothing.

i saw the same program about the water... amazing.

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Rock Chef said...

Princess - I was hoping that you would tell us exactly what you DO call it! :-)

Michele - 2 Wednesdays! That sucks!

Terri - Yes, enjoy the snow :-) It was the whole change in the routine that threw me.

Um Naief - You saw the same feature? Wow, what a weird feeling! No wonder you find it hot where you are!