Thursday 19 March 2009

What did she say?

The other day I was walking along the road when I saw that an old-ish woman (I am guessing at late 60s) had slipped over and a guy was trying to help her up. He was not succeeding.

I rushed over to help, arriving at around the same time as 3 other guys.

We all grabbed arms, hands, etc, and soon she was on her feet, smiling and thanking us.

A passing woman stepped in and commented.

"Wasn't it nice to have all these young men rushing to help?"

The rescued woman looked her in the eye and replied:

"Yes, but where were they when I was young enough to enjoy it?"

12 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Quick wit.

Sid said...

Hahaha

Jen said...

Hilarious! Love it! 'Cos you know, someday that'll be me. . .

Rock Chef said...

Wreggie - I thought so.

Sid - Glad you liked it.

Jen - Going to grow old disgracefully, huh?

Ali said...

I am SO going to be that woman someday.

terri said...

Hahahahahaha! The perfect response!

Rock Chef said...

Ali - I hope we are still blogging so you can tell us all about it!

Terri - It was good, wasn't it?

Um Naief said...

boy, doesn't she have a great attitude!!! just love it. :)

agg79 said...

You gotta keep your sense of humor when you get older.

Rock Chef said...

Um Naief - she sure does!

agg79 - Ain't that the truth!

Claire said...

Seeing as it is my 64th birthday today - and I honestly don't feel elderly - let's put her age as the late 70's maybe????? Love the story and I always say that a sense of humor is one of the most important character qualities to have!

Rock Chef said...

Claire - Yeah, she looked a lot older than you, so maybe that is a better guess at her age. But on the other hand, you really don't look 64!

Happy Belated Birthday!