Monday 9 March 2009

We have the technology...



It had become clear that my mom's pony's stable needed a bit of work. It is around 12 years old (built by my brother who is a carpenter) and Humphrey the pony (see above) has taken to scratching his behind on one of the door posts.


So, on Saturday morning, Mrs RC and myself set off with an assortment of tools - hammer, nails, 5 foot iron bar, etc.


After a quick look we saw that darling Humphrey had managed to move the door post (along with the attached wall) around a foot out of place!

I gave it a shove - nothing. This was heavy stuff!

Hm.

Then Mrs RC grabbed the 5 foot bar, hooked it under the door post and pushed.
Yes, you guessed it, in about 3 seconds it was back in place and we were soon finishing off our repairs. If you hadn't realised before, Mrs RC is not someone to argue with, especially when armed with a 5 foot steel bar! :-)

But, despite my inability to shift the door post, there was evidence that my working out is paying dividends. I was trying to remove an old nail from the stable wall and ripped the head off the claw hammer instead!

OOOH YEAH!!!!!

10 comments:

Jen said...

Now that's prowess! . . . errr. . . I mean, progress!

Good job either way.

Rock Chef said...

Jen - No, Prowess is good...

James said...

Humphrey looks lonely can't you get him a playmate?

Rock Chef said...

James - he did have one until a couple of years ago. There are ponies in the adjoining fields that he gets to talk to, so he is not as lonely as he looks in this pic.

Kiki said...

That pony is so stinking cute...glad his home is in a better state. Good job RC and Mrs RC!!!

terri said...

I think it's time to change your names to He-Man and She-Rah.

Ali said...

Be still my heart!!!

A man who can break a hammer - whoooo!

Rock Chef said...

Kiki - he is - I am going to have to do a vblog with him sometime.

Terri - Good idea! Humphrey can be Battle Cat!

Ali - Yes, I often have that effect on women. Hell I couldn't even TYPE that with a straight face!

Sitting In Silence said...

LOL....

Is that Humphrey ?

Rock Chef said...

Hes, that is Humphrey.