Wednesday 4 March 2009

The cat is out of the bag...

I repeat

The cat is out of the bag.

Sounds like a secret coded message, doesn't it? Something from an old war movie - Richard Burton trying to tell HQ that a German Battleship has set sail as the SS close in on him...

Anyway...

This morning we were talking to the kids about eating more healthily again - things seem to slip in the cold winter months...



At some point in this discussion I mentioned that my stomach has lost that little podgy bit that had appeared over Christmas.



"Yes", says Mrs RC, "have you stopped drinking Fat Coke or something?"



"No. I have been doing 20 press-ups each day."



"You have? When? Where?"



"In the bedroom when there isn't anyone around."


"Why?" Obviously she is wondering why I need to improve my already perfect physique!


""Well, summer is coming..."


"No, you want to get a tan in Malta, don't you? You don't want to be the old flabby guy in the group."


"No."


"Oh yes."

12 comments:

terri said...

Your wife is onto you! LOL!

Jen said...

But. . . but. . . but. . .

Didn't you just recently write a post regarding you getting back into swim-suit shape? Or something like that? I READ it! You WROTE it!

Funny stuff!

Ali said...

I heart Mrs. Rock Chef - just fyi.

Rock Chef said...

Kenady - LOL?!

Terri - Looks like it!

Jen - Yes, you are right - I just never thought of it in those terms!

mr zig said...

hehe

Rock Chef said...

Ali - Isn't she great?

Zig - Just wait til your my age...

Michele said...

Yep, the cat is out of the bag! You now know the wife KNOWS everything! haha
You DO want to look good in Malta while getting that tan, don't ya?

Claire said...

I love it!!! It is amazing what "goal dates" can do for the physique!!! I am still laughing!!! Watch out Malta here comes Rock Chef!!!

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh She's soooooooooo onto you !

As we would say in Oz...Busted !
LMAO. xoxo

Kiki said...

"Press Ups" = Push Ups??? Mrs. RC is awesome!!!! If you go to Malta I will die of jealousy!!

Rock Chef said...

Michele - My wife has a saying -"I can read you like a book." And yes, I guess I do...

Claire - Glad you found it amusing!

Sitting in Silence - Yep, I am indeed Busted!

Kiki - That's right - press-ups, push-ups, the same thing. I will do what I can to share the trip so you won't miss out totally.

agg79 said...

Hey, just wait until you're MY age. I'm still paying for all that abuse (darn those twinkies)...

Press ups, push ups, stick with whatever works for you.