Friday 20 March 2009

Friday thoughts

This is my last weekend before I head off to Malta for a week of study. Actually getting quite excited about it all now - got my maps, note books, etc all ready to go... The case should be packed to go by Sunday night!

After a blip of nastiness yesterday, the sun is back. I spent a tranquil lunchbreak sitting by the river watching the ducks, swans, beer bottles and shopping trollies, eating prawns. There, I do heat healthy stuff too! I won't taunt the dieters with talk of cheese cake or cream cheese and bacon bagels today!

Sunday is Mothers Day, so we are going to the local garden centre. Both my mom and my wife love gardening, so this will be easy and will also prevent needless chocolate buying...

That is about it for now! Back for a couple of days next week, and then I will be rather scarce until the 6th.

Have fun!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Off to Malta? Enjoy. Keep your wits about you and we'll see you when you get back.

Rock Chef said...

Jenny - Thanks - can't go too wrong in Malta. Just about everyone speaks English and it is so small that you can't really get lost!

terri said...

I didn't know that ducks, swans, beer bottles and especially shopping trollies ate prawns! Oh wait... it was YOU eating the prawns. Silly me!

All kidding aside, that sounds like an incredible way to spend a lunch break!

Jen said...

Gardening is good for the soul. I'm doing that this weekend too. Though, I'm not a mom and it's not mom's day here. The husband is gone until late Sunday night & I need to get some things done around here!

Enjoy your weekend!

Ali said...

I'm pouting now. Big surprise. The 6th?!?!?!!?

Okay, you can go. I'm over it ;)

Sitting In Silence said...

Oh you lucky duck...have a wonderful and safe trip....dont forget your camera !

Kiki said...

Malta does sound like fun!!! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - well I did throw a few prawns to the beer bottles but they wouldn't eat them.

Jen - My wife says that gardening is good for you. I do a little but avoid it as much as I can...

Ali - Over it already!?! You used to pout for DAYS!

Sitting in Silence - Hope to have lots of pics (and videos) to post! Might even be able to post a few while I am there!

Kiki - Watch this space!

Ali said...

Trust me, I'm just putting on a brave face!

Rock Chef said...

Ali - that's OK then!