Monday 16 March 2009

Let's have smoothies...

On Sunday I decided to make strawberry and banana smoothies.

I was getting the blender out of the cupboard when Number 1 Son pointed out that we have a smoothie maker!

But I like the blender, it is a 1 braincell piece of kit, I can use it without causing mayhem in the kitchen.

Number 1 Son looked at me disapprovingly.

I put away the blender...

Checking that the smoothie maker was properly assembled, I loaded it up with strawberries, bananas, milk and ice cream. Yeah, this was gonna be good!

I hit the power button.

Noisy, but nothing disasterous.

Stopped it.

Tried a bit.

Yeah, that WAS good.

What's that?

A pink puddle forming underneath the smoothie maker?

Damn thing was leaking!

I lifted up the container part of the machine and sure enough, my precious liquid was oozing out of the bottom.

No worries, I grabbed the bottom and twisted to tighten it up.

Twisted the WRONG WAY...

2 pints of smoothie makes a very big mess...

I blamed my son...

10 comments:

Ali said...

SMOOTH move...hehe, oh, I am so witty! :)

I usually blame stuff like that on Chris.

mr zig said...

I made a burger smoothie tonight - Wanted to see what happened if you threw a burger in the blender. It made mush... that tasted like burger.. go figure, hey? - Mmmmm pre-chewed burger! -

Anyway, I used to have a blender that made puddles. It went on a vacation to the dump

terri said...

My daughter loves smoothies. She always uses a blender. That's mainly because we don't own a smoothie maker.

I think Zig's been drinking. Who puts a burger in the blender? ;-)

Rock Chef said...

Ali - Ha. Ha. Ha. :-) Thought you might somehow!

Zig - I read about someone who had their teeth wired together so they would lose weight - could only drink, but not eat. They blended burgers and fries and sucked it up with a straw!

Terri - Blender is easier and just as good! Think you are right about Zig!

Anonymous said...

haha! can't think of anything else to say but it's nice you had a scapegoat. LOL

Jen said...

Ha! That is so something that would happen to me!

P.S. It's totally the son's fault. . .

Rock Chef said...

Nonna - It didn't really stick but it was fun trying to blame him.

Jen - Yes, I can imagine you doing that somehow!

Anonymous said...

I'm more of a milkshake guy - BUT have used the blender whe its not fastened well.

Trouble is I can only blame myself!

Oh and when i make margaritas. But then I lick the counter! LOL

Sitting In Silence said...

Awwwwww that is a shame, I bet you were looking really forward to it as well....

Rock Chef said...

Oscar - that's funny! There are some things that just can't be wasted!

Sitting in Silence - I was!