Friday 13 March 2009

Friday!

Besides being Friday the 13th, today is also Red Nose Day! A day when people do silly things to raise money for charity.

The kids all went off to school with red noses on, my youngest wearing his pajamas which he is going to wear all day, including a sponsored race. This is a first for him as he normally refuses to wear anything other than uniform at school. How did I produce such a conformist??? We have also had a sponsored silence for our daughter which was easy for her once she got home from school - into her room, on with Scuzz Music Channel and that was it!

I have got no idea what the weekend has in store for me - none at all! Hm, except that I have an assignment to finish by next Friday, so I might put in a couple of hours on that. And my batch of Saxons are almost done, so these might get the finishing touches - if so, there will be a photo on Monday! Then it is onto the Norman cavalry and ordering the last few figures to compete the armies...

Back to my daughter - she has started to learn to play bass guitar and was playing in the music class. The teacher caught sight of the pick that she was using and asked to see it. It was one of my South Park ones with "You Bastard" written on it! She thought she was in real trouble but I think the teacher didn't want to put off the only bass player in the class, so she got away with it. We will be having another lesson over the weekend...

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

terri said...

That's great that the kids can do something so fun to raise money for a good cause. I wouldn't mind wearing pajamas all day!

Sounds like you've got a fairly relaxing weekend ahead of you. Enjoy!

Way to almost get your daughter in trouble, LOL! I bet the teacher was laughing on the inside about that pick.

Sitting In Silence said...

Awwwwwwwwwww That's is beautiful...

Go your DD on the bass...she must be just like her Daddy.

Have a great weekend CRC

Um Naief said...

it's great that your kids are getting into music. naief has a strong interest in guitars and will strum on the ones downstairs. i really hope he's musical like his dad. :)

btw.. i added you on my facebook. your email popped up, so i figured, what the heck.

Anonymous said...

i can't believe that a)she didn't get in trouble (i totally would have) and b)you gave it to her! lol i think it's hilarious - not judging you at all btw just think it's funny you didn't think she might possibly get in trouble for it.lol