Friday 23 September 2011

Start of term

This week has been the usual start of term mayhem - new students arriving, established students returning, class lists constantly updated, last minute things needing to be done, etc, not to mention the piles of photocopying!

So the weekend is more than welcome!  I need to put my feet up, sip a beer and relax with the old guitar...

Might get some more toy soldiers painted too.  I have started painting up some to go with a friend's Robin Hood set up.  Yes, he has Robin Hood, the Sheriff, the Merry Menne, etc.  I am adding a bishop, some monks, a few peasants and good old Richard the Lionheart, freshly returned from the Crusades.  These are looking very nice and I will post photos when I can take some nice shots.

Well that is about it!  Just about to finish of updating a PC lab for next week and then it is more or less time to run for home!

Have a great weekend - hope to be more with it next week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never understood the fascination with Robin Hood. Friar Tuck I like. Such a gluttonous and corrupt monk. I thought the monastic lifestyle discouraged gluttony and associating with known criminals. But I guess not for dear ol' Tuckey.

Shrinky said...

My best mate, Little Ally, has just been made redundant (along with her entire dept) from Croydon Uni. They were responsible for all the yearly intake, and subsequent welfare of special needs students. Kinda' beggars belief, doesn't it?

I know how busy you must be if how she was is anything to go by. Enjoy that beer!

CiCi said...

Do you make the toy soldiers and Robin's merry men and then paint them or do you find them already made somewhere?

agg79 said...

Sounds like you have earned it (the rest and the beer). Good luck with the Crusades!

Ms. ~K said...

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend!
~K

terri said...

I can't wait to see the Robin Hood figures!

Hope you had a relaxing weekend.

Rock Chef said...

Wigsf - of course, the medieval church was a haven of corruption so Tuck represents it beautifully.

Shrinky - That is incredible, and probably illegal! I think where I work does a very good job with those who need a bit of extra help.

TechnoBabe - I buy them ready made, although I have made my own in the past and often make modifications to ones I buy.

Agg79 - didn't get much of either :-(

Ms K - Nope :-(

Terri - Will post photos soon - thanks, but relaxing didn't really happen :-(