I have stolen this Meme from Nanette at Life Candy, who stole it from someone else so I guess it is blog-business as usual?
Here are my answers to some random questions:
1. Name someone with the same birthday as you. No one seems to share exactly the same birthday as me, so I will go for John the Blind, King of Bohemia/Count of Luxembourg, born in 1296 and killed at the Battle of Crecy, charging into battle with someone else holding his horse's reins...
2. What has been your favorite age so far? 40. That was the year when everything in the world seemed to go right.
3. Where did you meet your wife? In a friend's bedsit. She was going out with another friend of mine at that point, who she then married and divorced in sort order before hooking up with me.
4. How many children do you have? 4, although our eldest is no longer with us.
5. Have you ever sung in front of a large number of people? No, but I did play bass guitar in a band when I was young. Never had the courage to stand in front of the microphone.
6. What’s the first thing you notice about your preferred sex? Usually it is their hair, unless I am close enough to see their eyes.
7. What really turns you off? Smoking.
8. What do you order at Starbucks? I have never been there! I would probably go for some sort of hot chocolate...
9. What is your biggest mistake? Trusting a certain doctor until it was too late.
10. As a child, what did you want to grow up to be? Happy.
11. Say something totally random about yourself. I have got 3 nipples.
12. Do you still watch kiddie movies or TV shows? I love Sponge Bob Squarepants.
13. Did you have braces? No.
14. Favorite Social Network? Blogging - far better than FB...
15. What is the most romantic thing someone of the preferred sex has done for you? This won't be the usual sort of answer to this one. One night we were walking home and I was pushing our daughter in a pram and a drunk guy decided he wanted to kick my head in. No reason. My wife took him on, told him what an idiot he was and told his girlfriend to get him under control before she got really angry. They went of quietly.
16. When do you know it’s love? When you automatically think "we" instead of "I"?
17. Do you speak any other languages? No. Unless you count profanity as a seperate language.
18. Have you ever been to a tanning salon? Nah.
19. What magazines do you read? None at the moment! Used to read ones about toy soldiers but gave up.
20. What is playing on your iPod right now? I don't own one! If I put some music on my PC right now it would probably be Foo Fighters or Thin Lizzy.
21. Have you ever ridden in a limo? Nope. Never felt the need to be honest.
22. Has anyone you were really close to passed away? Our daughter. It was the worst thing imaginable - thank God for good friends, great children and a strong loving wife.
23. Do you watch MTV? No. I occasionally watch Kerrang or Scuzz.
24. What’s something that really annoys you? People who complain that they are poor and can't afford things for their kids when they smoke, drink and have an expensive phone.
25. Which television show were you sad to say goodbye to? Dead Like Me. It was strangely theraputic.
26. Can you dance? I am great after a few beers.
27. What’s your favorite place in the world? Anywhere that I am with my wife and kids.
28. Have you ever been rushed by an ambulance into the emergency room? No, I am very careful.
29. If you could meet anyone (dead or alive) who would it be? I would like to have a beer with George W Bush.
30. If you could change one thing in the world for your child, what would it be? I just hope that they find love and happiness, whatever they end up doing.
Anyone else want to try this? Feel free to steal it from me...