Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Joy of Pizza


Pizza is the food of gods.

I love making pizza - everything about it is wonderful, from the feel of the fresh dough to the pleasure at seeing it being enjoyed by those I love.

It is food for sharing - a large platter with sliced pizza and dough balls goes down really well when the kids have friends around.

Pizza is what you want it to be - it can be a healthy meal if topped with fresh vegetables, or ham and pineapple.

It can be a hearty meal after a days work if you pile on the meat.

It can be a test of true manhood it you add jalapenos and hot sauce.

A shared pizza has lead to many nights of hot passion.  I assume.

I love pizza.

What is there not to love about it?

9 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

There is not a time I can think of where a Pizza is not welcomed. I agree sir.

Pretty Zesty said...

I love pizza so much too. I haven't had it in a long time. I think it's been way to long since I've had pasta and pizza... Must change that. Oh well, diet!

terri said...

I have pizza quite often. I love the kind that's piled with everything... pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions, green peppers, green and black olives and of course - tons of cheese!

Of course after a pizza like that, some tooth-brushing and mouthwash are required before the night of hot passion begins. I assume.

Anonymous said...

I love pizza, too, but it sure leaves me thirsty. I end up drinking all night long, LOL!! Water, of course, although a good beer washes it down well.

Sorry about your brown rabbit. I had a rabbit do that once, only it wasn't a stroke. Something had gotten under the hutch and tried to get it, pulling on its tail so hard it came off. My rabbit couldn't walk and I wonder if its back was broken. I was just a child at the time (50 years ago! My how time flies) anyway I think my parents put it down.

Rock Chef said...

wReggie - Good man!

Kris - How can you live without pasta and pizza?

Terri - Sounds like one of my pizzas! Hah, you are one funny lady!

Ninny - I like drinking Coke or red wine with my pizza... Ooh, you poor rabbit! Things do like to get rabbits, although there seems to be a ceasefire with the local cats at the moment.

agg79 said...

I have a soft spot for spinach alfredo or chicken bacon pizza. Could eat a whole pie all by myself.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Chicken bacon sounds good - and my wife loves her spinach. Yeah, pizza has something for everyone.

CiCi said...

We totally agree here in our little hippie house. I could eat pizza a few times a week. Hubby makes the dough and I put the goodies on and then he cooks it. Yay.

Rock Chef said...

TechnoBabe - that's what I call teamwork!