Friday 25 July 2008

Where did the week go?

It is Friday again, and I have no idea where the week went to!

I am hot. My office is currently 29 C, which is good for here. It was even hotter earlier when we had the TV cameras here with spot lights blasting in our faces! FAME!!!! Hah! Luckily I had very little to say to the cameras, I was making the computer do its stuff instead. Even so, with the heat and constant retakes I found it very tiring.

It reminded me of when I was in bands - we would go out and do gigs, playing away, everything went OK because it HAD TO. You can't stop half way through a song and say "Sorry, fluffed it a bit there, can I start again?" You keep going. When we did stuff in studios it was totally different. "Guitar solo, take 35", or "Lead Vocal, take 47" was the order of the day. That was tiring, especially when my 2 takes of bass had been done 3 hours ago! :-(

Anyway, the weekend looks like being just as good as it is now, so woo hoo! Might even go for a splash in the sea! That will wake me up! Then maybe a bit of sitting in the garden, playing guitar with the headphones on while downing a few cold beers. Ooh yeah!

Have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Jenelle said...

Sounds like a great relaxing weekend. Enjoy.

kenady said...

Wow! FAME!

Have a great weekend! Have a few cold beers for me:)

Kiki said...

Sounds like the perfect plans for a weekend...let us know if we can catch you on the tele...not sure we could get it here, but you never know....

James said...

John did you have to film while standing knee deep in water for dramatic effect? If it was a Channel 4 documentary you would have....Saturday Sunday is going to be scorching get out the knotted hankie.

Sitting In Silence said...

Sounds like you are going to have a great weekend !

Have a beer for me !

Logzie said...

I hope you enjoy(ed) your weekend...it sounds great! :)

Um Naief said...

hope you're having a good weekend!

i haven't read down your blog.. so not sure why the camera crew was at your place and what not... what's going on?

hope your sea water is better than ours!! looks like it is and i seriously think it is :)

imagine.. it's 50 here!

tz said...

I'm not normally a beer drinker, but something about how golden and foamy it looks, and the beads of cool water on the glass it just looks like it's going to be so refreshing!

I had a beer last night because of that...

Finally catching up on blogs, loved the description of sleeping on a hot night...it's been horribly hot on our vacation! but htankfully the nights have been perfect in the airconditined hotels/brother's house.

and you picture of the sandwhich was mouth watering!