Monday 7 March 2011

Weekend...

Had a great weekend!

Friday night was pizzas (as usual) washed down with a bottle of red wine.  MMMmmmmmmm....

Saturday morning was the big food shop - first one since before Christmas!  We have been more or less buying day to day to avoid spending loads on stuff we don't need, but we were down to more or less nothing by the end of last week so decided to face the battle of Saturday shopping.

And what a battle it was!  The place was jammed with people all trying to get done as fast as possible - I even got rammed by an old woman, to which my replay was a courteous smile and a "Oops, sorry!  After you!"  to which I only got a glare...  Did she think I was being sarcastic or something?

One thing was got was a copy of "The Expendables", going very cheap.  I have a thing about bad movies, and good grief this was a BAD MOVIE!  Why do these actors attempt to show emotion?  They just can't do it!  For God's sake, just blow things up!  Get on with it!  The plot stinks so don't dwell on it, just shoot some more people!

Sunday I got to lay in until 11 o'clock, which was great - felt sooo refreshed and rested!  Had breakfast/lunch (brunchfast?) and then spent a couple of hours on my latest assignment.  Then I realised I had to cook dinner, so I got the pork and potatoes going and read while these cooked.

In the evening, after a great dinner and a dog walk I dug out some toy soldiers and tested out some ideas that have been rattling around in my head.  It was a fun way to end the day.

Now a new week has started - busy still, but hopefully not as nuts as last week was.  Have a great week!  More soon...

11 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh how I hate grocery shopping, it caan be an experience. have a great week, hope it is not as busy for you. be well.

agg79 said...

Sounds like a busy weekend. I do a lot of the shopping around here to give momma the break but I take it as a challenge and look at it like a military campaign - take no prisoners, give no quarter!

You watched The Expendables? Classic bad acting, overplayed parts, but lots of stuff getting blown up. If you think that one was bad, go watch the A-Team. These "cinematic masterpieces" are what Netflix is for.

terri said...

I always seem to end up in the grocery store over the weekend - usually on Sunday which is the worst. There's the "after-church" crowd to battle and everyone's in getting the latest coupon deals.

You slept in late! You must have needed it. Isn't it great when you have the luxury of sleeping in like that?

tz said...

sounds like an ideal weekend! I hate that kind of shopping, it's why I'm done with my Christmas shopping before October!

Rock Chef said...

Cinner - my favourite time for shopping is in the 24 hour stores at around midnight. Just me and the woman in the fluffy slippers.

Agg79 - You would need Special Forces training to make that approach work against the old ladies over here...

Terri - Sunday seems to be a bit better over here. The worst day is Thursday - the day the old folks get their pensions...

Rock Chef said...

tz - Really? That sort of organisation is beyond me...

Shrinky said...

Thanks for reminding me why I do my Tesco shop on-line! Ahh, the luxury of a rare lie-in, eh? There is nothing like one of those to set the world to rights. Glad you had a top up of R&R to face the coming week, we all need to replenish from time to time.

Margaret Benbow said...

Ah, pizza and red wine...sometimes the good simple foods are what one wants, and nothing else will do. I know what you mean about tough old plug-ugly ladies in grocery stores,around here they wear spikes on their boots!

Anonymous said...

I am sucker for a "good"..."bad movie." I'll chalk this "bad one" up to steroids increasing their muscles but decreasing their..er...uh...acting skills.

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Take a picture of one of those pizzas please.

CiCi said...

You always seem to make the most of your time, especially family time.