Thursday 10 March 2011

Feeling fat...

Just had lunch at a Thai/Indian/Chinese "all you can eat" buffet.

Yep, I went to the limit, because the food was really good...

Should have stayed away from the ice cream at the end, though...



Planning to have a couple of days off as soon as everyone else heads off to Malta. 

First Mrs RC and I are going to have another try at having a day for ourselves - hopefully not one that we will end up sitting in a hospital or something equally dull.

Second, I am finally going to get my day out in Barnet to prepare for Geekfest 11!  This is the day that I meet up with my Canadian wargamer friend on the battlefield of Barnet and play a game of toy soldiers based on that battle, like we did last year at Hastings.  Wonderfully geeky, I know.  I need to do some good preparation for this one, though, because the battlefield is not marked out and preserved like Hastings is - in fact there are even 2 possible sites for the battle, very close to each other, but one is much more likely to be the real one than the other (thank you Archaeology!) so I will focus on this one.  I need to work out a good route to walk, somewhere to play and, finally, somewhere to have dinner!

OK, time to get moving again!  Assuming I can persuade my stomach to move...

More soon!

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Your toy soldier adventure sounds very interesting, feel better, take care.

Shrinky said...

Och, it's a hard life, but someone has to live it, eh? You old romantic, you - some precious time out for you and Mrs RC (minus the hospital visit), is sure to be bliss. Much as I love my kids, hubby and me find we never have any alone time, unless we actually consciously make it.

I recall your re-enactment of the Battle of Hastings well - I look forward to seeing if history gets changed - photo's please!

Kate said...

mmmm . . . that lunch sounds perfectly fatty and delicious.

terri said...

What good is "all you can eat" if you don't actually eat all you can eat? You did the right thing. :-)

Good to hear you will get another go at a special day for Mrs. RC. I'm sure this one will go much better than the last.

agg79 said...

Ok. This is the food police. Put down the fork and step away from the buffet.

That's the evil part of the chinese buffet - it all looks so harmless and tasty. Surely I can eat just one more spring roll.

Barnet sounds like a great outing. Hope the weather cooperates for you.