Monday 19 October 2009

Monday Monday

Remember this one?


I do!

Anyway, the weekend was great.

Saturday I checked out TVs and laptops with HD outputs - some great possibilities here. Will probably buy the TV fairly soon and then the laptop nearer Christmas. While in town I went to my favrourite butchers and bought a load of stuff for the barbeque. The afternoon was clear, still and cold, meaning that everyone else sat indoors watching me cook. Ah well, it all went down a treat, especially the lamb steaks. I have decided that lamb is my favourite meat for the barbie - tastes much better than when it is done on the oven.

Sunday I took the kids and 2 friends to play laser tag, which was great fun. Terri, you must get out to where Jake works and have a go - you will love it! Sunday morning seems to be a good time to go, as it was very quiet. We played 3 games, the first 2 also involving a dad and his 6 year old boy, while the last one was just the 6 of us. My daughter got all silly over the little boy ("Ah he is SOOO CUTE!") and refused to shoot him even though he was like some sort of gremlin when he had the gun in his hands. The little git shot me 23 times in the first game! The last game was hilarious as we split into pairs and tried to work together, but there where still quite a few friendly fire incidents...

So, back to Monday! Hope you all had a great weekend!

7 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I love lamb. Americans don't eat much of it. Yes it is best on a charcoal grill.

Ali said...

I've never tried lamb. I was going to say kind of what Reggie said - Canadians don't seem to eat much of it.

The laser tag sounds fantastic! Have never tried that either, though I would love to.

Glad you had such a great weekend :)

terri said...

I've never tried lamb either. I'm not even sure where I might buy it. Is eating lamb kind of like eating veal... sort of frowned upon by some? Anyway, I might have to look into trying it, if I can get past the image of a cute, fuzzy little lamb being slaughtered for my dining pleasure ;-)

Sounds like you had a GREAT time playing laser tag, and I promise I will give it a go the next time my family decides to go play.

Rock Chef said...

Wreggie - I guess a lot of America isn't good for grazing sheep, so if lamb is around it will probably be very expensive. It isn't cheap in Britain and I ride past fields full of sheep every day.

Ali - I can imagine that Canada is even worse for sheep than the USA! Laser tag is great - I am sure Chris would love it too!

Terri - I don't think that lamb has the ethical taboo that veal has - most sheep spend their lives wandering around fields eating nice green grass, pretty much what they were designed to do. Veal production tends to be very unnatural and comewhat cruel IMO. They are cute but taste even better when cooked right :-) Looking forward to a laser tag "Terri the Terminator" post...

wigsf said...

"You don't eat meat??? That's okay. I make lamb."

Only way to eat lamb is barbecued. Only way. Some nice little lamb chops make a great appetizer for a steak.

agg79 said...

I haven't had lamb in years but it is still great on the grill.

Laser tag can be a great equalizer. I used to take my scout troop out once a year for a few games. You get to see who your real friends are in the game. BTW - shooting the wife does not earn you any brownie points...

Sid said...

I love, love Lazer Quest. It's gotten quiet expensive lately. More maybe I just have more bills to pay =(

Also we call it a braai instead of a barbeque.