Friday 9 October 2009

Friday ramblings...

Woa, stuff going on!

Busy!

Had to call out someone to look at our gas supply because the house was about to explode.

Went out to play toy soldiers last night - great fun, even though I got trampled.

Walked into a door yesterday - bruised cheek, split lip - look like I got into a fight!

Mrs RC starts as a volunteer helper at the local junior school on Monday. Given her experience with home schooling our eldest and her particular skills and understanding when dealing with children with special needs, I think she will be great. There is one particular kid that she is eager to work with who has some extreme learning difficulties. Seems to remember things for a very short time and then forget, only to suddenly remember again an hour later! Strange things, brains. If anyone can make things stay in place it is Mrs RC!

Is it just me or is the blogosphere running out of steam? Less posts and less comments seems to be the order of the day all round. I have tried FB but I just don't click with it - too superficial, I guess! Oh well, all the time someone shows up here I will remain Rock Chef!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Yes I think it may be so last year to blog now days. I still post 5 or 6 time weekly because I can't help myself. I still read blogs. I don't comment often. But there is less traffic.

I have maybe a dozen folks that read and never comment. maybe more. I only know they read because I see the hits and they tell me about things in my life when I see them in person.

Keep blogging my man.

wigsf said...

Ever seen somebody check a gasline while smoking a cigarette? That's some scary stuff.

agg79 said...

Maybe we've run out of things to blog about? Nah. Everyone seems to have hit a lull lately. Wait until the holidays start creeping up on you and you'll find more things to muse about.

I'm not much of a FB fan. Got signed up earlier this year, but just not that much into it. I am definitely not one of those who has to update FB 3-4 times a day with trivial stuff (just walked the dog, took a contest to see what kind of tree I am, found a fly in my soup). Too narcissictic for my tastes.

Rock Chef said...

Wreggie - Yep, I will keep at my 4-5 posts a week.

wigsf - I recently was a TV show where they proved that this is a totally safe activity! A cigarette cannot ignite petrol. They even had a guy laying in a pool of the stuff with the end of his cigarette in the petrol while he smoked it!

agg79 - Hope you are right. Too many nice people seem to be drifting away :-(

terri said...

I agree. The blogosphere seems to be slowing down. I've just been busy, busy, busy outside of work and it's limited my ability to post as often as I'd like. As soon as Kacey's volleyball season comes to an end, I should be back on track again because I'll be able to spend evenings at home again.

Rock Chef said...

Terri - good to hear it! Not that I was trying to tell you or anyone else to post more often - I have just had a feeling that things are gradually winding down...

Marie said...

I agree, I suppose people are getting bored with blogging. It's hard knowing what to post and if anyone will be bothered reading it. I like to take a break from it every now and then.

wigsf said...

I'm sorry. I meant a gas line. Not gasoline. This is the natural gas that is piped into the house. For stoves and furnaces and such. Clear gas with added sulfur smell, not liquid.

Claire said...

Pressure and stress at work is sucking the creativity out of me - I get home and I can barely compose a sentence - but I am here and I love to read your posts.

Rock Chef said...

Marie - I guess everything has its natural life cycle. I will hang on, anyway!

wigsf - Ah, I blame my auto-translation - I see GAS and instantly think "petrol". Yes, that is scarey!

Claire - I hope things ease up at work soon. And it is good to know that you are out there reading my rubbish!