Wednesday 21 October 2009

Decisions...

By nature, I am a hoarder.

I keep things for years. For example, I have toy soldiers that I bought when I was 13. I have books that I read when I was 11. I have stuff. Lots of stuff.

I don't get rid of things very often, but when I do I often regret it sooner or later - I wish I still had that book, those soldiers, that chair...

I have guitars - several guitars.

I have amplifiers for these guitars - several amplifiers.

I have seen another guitar that I would love to have - but I can't justify buying it. It is just another guitar and it is not like I am gigging and earning cash with my music!

But what if I trade some of my less used stuff to pay for it? That would be OK. I would get my new guitar for little or no cash outlay.

But would I then regret parting with the stuff I traded?

This probably sounds really dumb to some of you, but I find this a really tough call.

5 comments:

wigsf said...

All makes perfect sense to me.

agg79 said...

Understand your dilemma. Too many guitars, not enough time/space.

Rock Chef said...

Well the guy at the local guitar shop offered to give me a price for my stuff,so I might have made the taken step.

Jack and Jill said...

I HAVE to throw things away. I still keep too much, but I can't stand how my mom is such a pack-rat. Sell the guitars for a new one! Do it!

-Jill

terri said...

I can understand your dilemma. I find it hard to part with things that have sentimental value. Can you find things that have cash value but not sentimental value to trade for the guitar?