Friday 27 June 2008

OOOH YEAH!!!!

The Macho Man Randy Savage - what a character, eh? Used to be my favourite wrestler!

Anyway, enough of that. Earlier this week I managed, by pure "right place, right time" luck, to get a Wii Fit.


This is a wonderful little board that connects to the Wii and allows you to do a range of exercises and monitor your weight, BMI, balance, posture, etc.
The kids absolutely love it, and have spent hours doing all sorts of exercises on it. My youngest has been a real star on it. When we first got it he had been a bit worried about his belly, where he has always had a little bit of a podge. Since we got this, combining the Wii with avoiding chocolate and unnecessary snacking he has lost 3 pounds! He is so proud of himself! He certainly seems to be setting the pace! I have yet to try it out, but hope to get a chance over the weekend - we will see!
Anyway, have a wonderful weekend. The weather here is supposed to continue to be wonderful, which is great - I love the sun!
See you soon!

10 comments:

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

Hi Rock chef! I miss your blog! It sounds like the Wii fit is well worth the money! You doing okay? Still looking for a nanny position over there! Any more suggestions?

Chachi said...

You go Chief and family!

We have tried the Wii on a few occasions and what fun they are. You really get a work out and how much more of a work out if you do the fitness one. I just wish they weren't so darn expensive to buy.

m said...

Uh oh, are we going to lose Rock Chef to the Wii fit?!?! It is SO FUN.

terri said...

I have heard such great things about Wii fit! I would love to get one. I just can't justify a new game system when we've got a PS2 and about a hundred games. I guess for now, I'll have to be satisfied with regular outdoor excercise. We have some nice walking paths in our neighborhood.

Enjoy your weekend! Mine will be chaos, but I'm going to enjoy it in spite of the chaos!

Teresa said...

Nuff said!! I'm buying it!!

Jenelle said...

Good for your son to work hard! He should be proud of himself. Enjoy your weekend and weather

kenady said...

So excited you got a Wii Fit!! Let me know how it goes! I may put it on my Christmas list for me, hubby and the kids!

I hope you have a fantastic weekend! Thanks for being such a positive and fun person to visit via the blog!

tz said...

ooooh, tempting...
so there's stuff there the kiddos will like? It looked like a more grown up thing...
congrats on the three pounds!

James said...

I think that's on our family Christmas list too.

Rock Chef said...

Hi Rachael! Wii and Wii Fit are definitely worth the money. I don't know about US prices but over here it is by far the cheapest and best system for a family. Still looking to come over here? I will see what I can find for you.

Chachi - They can seem expensive (especially if you just haven't got the cash - I know what that is like) but we have certainly got our moneys worth out of ours.

Mindy - I did enjoy skiing on it but I don't think you will lose me!

Terri - But what about when the snow sets in again?

Teresa - I should be on commission!

Jenelle - Thanks. We did have a great weekend too!

Kenady - You really should get one - a lot of the games are really good for the little ones who really enjoy the motion sensor controls.

tz - loads of the games are aimed at children - in fact there are very few games on the Wii that are aimed at late teens/adults! I think it is the ideal family system.

James - Your kids would have hours of fun, especially with the mulit-player games.