Wednesday 30 November 2011

Hump Day already...

Yes, Wednesday has hit me in the face again - what happened to Monday and Tuesday?  Can't really remember to be honest!

Today I am being a "Scab".  The Unions are out on strike, protesting over the government's attempts to sort out our economy.  I am not a union member - I grew up in the '70s and '80s and saw just how stupid things can get.  I don't want to be part of it.  The strikers may have a point - maybe the government is not doing things in the best possible way, but all striking is going to do is give them ammunition to shoot back with.  This government wants to totally finish the unions off and massed strikes that will cost the country money it can't afford to lose only makes their case stronger.  The unions are, IMO, playing their hand too soon and will be spent by the time the real fights need to be fought.


Enough of that!


Today is a beautiful day, in contrast to yesterday which was pelting with rain by the time I had to go home.  I was like a drowned rat by the time I sploshed into the house, with everyone staying well clear of me!  Dinner was wonderful - cheesey pasta with bacon and chorizo sausage.  I hate until I felt ill, but still wanted more...

I have started planning my next set of toy soldiers.  It will be a long project but the resulting army will be wonderful, involving some of the most spectacular troops that ever fought side by side.  I am talking elephants, scythed chariots, cavalry with man and horse in full armour and naked barbarians!  Can't wait to get my first order off.

Have a great day!

10 comments:

agg79 said...

Yea, I am pretty much on the same side of the fence as you regarding the unions but they are tenacious and will fight for every inch of ground.

Interesting battle you have on the planning board. Not sure if you are doing something from Hannibal or LOTR.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Hannibal is almost as good, but this is the Seleucid Empire I am doing. Founded by one of Alexander the Great's side-kicks, it finally fell to attack by just about everyone who was close enough to stick a knife in, especially the Romans.

terri said...

Your dinner sounds wonderful! Some things are just that good that you keep eating past the point of being full. Kind of like Thanksgiving dinner or a cheesy-sausage-bacon-egg bake that I make for Easter brunch every year.

I hope you'll be taking pictures of your new army. It sounds fascinating!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - That bake sounds wonderful! Yes, I will be taking photos of the army as each part is done - it will certainly be a challenge to paint!

CiCi said...

I can imagine you as a drowned rat after riding your bike home in the rain. I haven't thought about chorizo since moving to Nebraska. I will have to see if I can find it here in one of the larger markets in the next town.

Rock Chef said...

CiCi - We are starting to see Chorizo as a vital supply and have been looking around to compare price, quality, etc. Hope you find some!

Abby said...

Okay, I have no idea what chorizo sausage is but eating until feeling ill, but still wanting more is an irresistible endorsement.

Your army project sounds fascinating - armored horses and naked barbarians! Those were the days!

Rock Chef said...

Abby - Chorizo is a Spanish sausage made with pork and paprika pepper. Really good...

kenady said...

I know, Wednesday just completely snuck up on us!!

Sorry about the bad weather yesterday... but dinner sounded warm and delicious!

Looking forward to hearing more about your new toy soldiers!!

Ms. ~K said...

Dinner sounds wonderful...