Tuesday 16 February 2010

Give it it me straight, I can take it!

I heard a great one liner on the TV the other night:

"You can't have fun with a man who owns more than one pair of slippers."

Says a lot, doesn't it?

The woman who said it found her husband amazingly boring, clearly. But does owning multiple pairs of slippers make you boring?

I own around 4 pairs - 3 at home and 1 at work. Does this make me terminally dull?

OK, I'm not the most exciting guy around - I don't do extreme sports (unless you count my journey to work each day), I don't drive a fast car, I don't go on exotic holidays...

But I don't think I am THAT boring either!

So, give it to me straight: where do I fall on the Boring-Incredibly Exciting continuum?

10 comments:

Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You are a man who likes control of his environment. Comfort. A sophisticated Alfred Alistair Cooke sort of way.

agg79 said...

That's something that should be asked of Mrs RC. I have never claimed to be a stellar judge of character (I am one), but I think you are a guy who likes to occasionally ride on the wild side, albeit in comfort.

When you find a pair of shoes (or slippers) that are comfortable, you should always get a second (or 3rd) pair.

morethananelectrician said...

Zzzzzzzzz. My wife seems to buy me a pair every year. I just never wear them and she must think that I lose them.

terri said...

Dull? You? Not hardly! It takes guts to ride a bike to and from work every day, and especially in some of the weather you get there. You're a rocker, a great cook, a great husband and dad...

Nope. Definitely not boring.

Besides. I love slippers. One can never have enough slippers.

Princess of the Universe said...

Hmmm...I think I need photos posted of each slipper so I can make an informed decision.
xo

Rock Chef said...

Wreggie - Wonderful!

agg79 - I think that sums me up nicely!

Sparky - So you are fighting the pressure to become dull like I am? Seems fair enough!

Terri - Aw, thanks!

Princess - Now THAT would make an amazingly dull blog post... Do you want me to drive away my readers?

CiCi said...

I don't know you well enough yet but since you play guitar I have to believe you are interesting. I can only compare it to my hubby who plays guitar and he is the most interesting person I know. But, he doesn't have any slippers. Does that mean he lives life on the wild side? Hmmm.

Kiki said...

I think slippers indicate a warm, cozy personality....that you wear AFTER you perform all manner of exciting deeds and AFTER your daily adventures.....anyway Ken wears slippers and he is smoking hot! Heehee!

Rock Chef said...

Technobabe - I have the feeling that your hubby is more on the wild side than I am. Buy him some slippers and see how he reacts!

Kiki - I like that! And I am clearly in good company with Ken as a fellow slipper-wearer!

Kiki said...

Yup....Slipper wearers are smart people....warm feet=warm heart!