Monday 21 January 2013

Call me Chicken...

Yes, I chickened out today and took the bus to work.


The roads were far too icy for cycling, so I got up early, sorted out Humphrey's food and then hiked up to his field.  He was pleased to see me, as usual, so I fed him, made sure his stable had a good amount of straw on the floor, topped up is water and hay, fed the birds and the feral cat that also lives up there and finally headed for the bus.

Although I had seen buses around, I was sure that I was in for a long wait (the service can be unreliable even at the best of times) but to my amazement one appeared bang on time, only a couple of minutes after I got the the stop!

Getting on the bus, I had to sit next to a woman who, I noticed, shuffled away from me slightly.  Hm, I looked down at myself and realised why!  My boots, trousers and coat had a liberal sprinkling of snow, straw hay and mud, with my boots also showing evidence of recent encounters with ponypoop...

There are many reasons why people don't like taking the bus, and I guess that this morning I was one of them!

Ah well, I can't be the hero all of the time, can I?

11 comments:

wigsf3 said...

Pony poop.

Classic

Rock Chef said...

It's they way I tell 'em!

ShadowRun300 said...

Just goes to show - you can't judge a book by its cover.
Seems like you were rewarded for your good behavior yesterday by having a bus arrive so quickly for you today! Have a great day at work!








Rock Chef said...

ShadowRun300 - Thanks - not a bad day at work so far. Wonder if the good kama will continue?

Riot Kitty said...

Who knows? Maybe you could be a hero on the bus!

meleah rebeccah said...

Pony poop = hilarious.

And yes, if I were on that bus, I probably would have moved away from you too.

Rock Chef said...

Riot Kitty - Or Superhero, maybe? CAPTAIN PONY POOP!

Meleah - You are so shallow! And honest. I like honest!

agg79 said...

Pony poop on the bus. I forgot about all the interesting people you run into on public transportation. Still, nice way to get a seat by yourself.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - I think everyone should use public transport from time to time, just to keep them rooted in the real world :-)

terri said...

Well, you were hero to Humphrey, the birds and the feral cat! You'll have other chances to be the not-questionable guy on the bus.

agg79 said...

Oh definitely yes. I loved using the tube/train/bus system over there. We've become entirely too dependent upon cars to get around.