Thursday 23 September 2010

Kicking back...


Things seem to be settling down all round at the moment, both at work and on the home front.  Phew...

Tonight I am spending the evening with my best buddy.  The evening will probably go something like this:

I turn up while he is trying to get his living room tidy enough for 2 people to fit in.  We clear some space, crack open a couple of beers and eat the fried chicken that I picked up on the way.

We put the world to rights - topics will include the government, how the Lib-Dems (the nice-people-party) have sold their souls to The Devil (David Cameron) for a taste of power, how the country will be back in The Middle Ages by the next election, etc.

Then we will crack open some more beers and play a game or 3 of Wings of War:




This is great fun, with each of us controlling 2 or 3 First World War planes and trying to shoot each other down.  It is a great little game, easy enough to play after a few beers but with a good feel for the dodging and weaving that these little planes did.

Then another beer as we discuss ideas for future games, then I head for home, keeping an eye out for people who have drunk as much as me but are driving 4x4s...

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that you make time for these sorts of things...sounds like you have a great 'balance' of life RC! Have FUN!!

terri said...

Sounds like a great evening! Male bonding at its best. Have fun and be careful getting home.

Shrinky said...

Ha! I don't get a vote on the mainland now, but when I did, I always cast it for the Lib Dem's (typical, I've never seen them in power, then when I turn my back, they only go and cozy up to with arch enemy and get in, eh?)..

Um, I know that feeling well about driving home (blush). Sounds you have a great evening planned, life is good!

Shrinky said...

And yeah, darn it, I went and followed your example and posted a video up, and you only went and missed it, didn't you?? Hmph.