Friday 10 September 2010

Friday!

This week has been really busy, both at work and at home.

At work we are getting geared up for the new academic year, while at home the kids have been settling in at school again, the kitchen is being finished (with a few niggles, but overall it is OK), life is returning to normal with elderly relatives, etc, etc, etc.

Had a great job first thing this morning.  When feeding the rabbits my daughter noticed that Buttercup (big female) had a lump of poop stuck to her rear end.  Seems that with the arrival of wet weather, it has started to stick to her fur rather than just roll around on the ground.  So there we were at 7.15, me holding Buttercup like a baby while Mrs RC washed and snipped until she was clean.  I swear my fingers still smell of rabbit poop...

This weekend is going to be as restful as possible - everyone seems to be exhausted.  Mrs RC seems to have an evening of snacking and watching movies planned for tonight, which sounds great to me.  Maybe there will be a disaster movie on - we love watching those, especially the ones that really stretch truth and logic.  Like the one where the moon is breaking apart so they stick it back together by flying a space shuttle into the middle of it, planting a nuke and then escaping in true Star Wars fashion.

Hope you have a great weekend!  I certainly intend to!

7 comments:

CiCi said...

Bunny with a clean butt. Nice. Your Mrs RC has a good idea for your family. Snacks and movies. Maybe hubby and I will be doing the same.

Unknown said...

The reason I love fantasy movie is that it does not have to explain the weird happenings.

The last disaster movie i saw was '2012'. It had so many irregularities that made my friends who watched it with me cursed me to stay silent. :)

Kiki said...

I hate it when the poop gets stuck to the tush of any animal...I gag the entire time I am forcing Ken to clean our cat's bum....ew!!!

Glad you are going to have a wonderful evening...and weekend-enjoy!!

Claire said...

Reason #1 Why I don't have animals of my own. I love the idea of having a pet I just don't want any of the work - maybe I could get a "pet nanny?"

terri said...

Poor Buttercup! How humiliating that must have been for her... and you! I'm sure she's completely appreciative of your efforts.

Hope movie night turned out exactly as you had hoped!

Shrinky said...

Sheesh, I would have thought you'd be immune to a bit of poop after all the kids you have fathered (shove)! I love nothing better than slobbing out over a good film, with hubby massaging my toes.. Hope you found a disasterous enough movie to keep you happy.

The Moody Minstrel said...

Why do you need an adventure movie when you have The Marvels of Rabbit Poop?