Thursday 20 August 2009

Visiting the Vampires

I had my tests (to see if I am a match for bone marrow donation) done yesterday - now I just have to wait to see if things can go any further.

I met up with an aunt of mine while I was in London and we went for dinner after my tests had been done. It was really good to sit and chat with her just one to one like that, haven't done it for a while. Dinner was great too - chicken wings in Hot Sauce, Pepperoni and jalapino pizza and strawberry sundae. Just what I needed after losing all that blood!

Of course, this did prevent me doing other stuff that I like to do while in London - visiting shops to look at guitars and toy soldiers, visiting hookers in Soho*, etc, but that can wait until another time.

Have a great day! It is blazing sunshine outside - hope it lasts into next week for our second camping trip of the year! Also hope you have good weather where ever you are! Autumn isn't here just yet!


*Joking!

******************************************************************

WARNING, WARNING, PROUD PARENT ALERT!

Just got a phone call from Number One Son. He got his result for the maths exam that he took this summer, 2 years early (ie he is 15 and the rest of his class are 17).

He got an A!

Woo hoo!

9 comments:

mr zig said...

At first I figured "visiting hookers" was some kind of british term for something else! - but I figured the "*joking" meant it was actually hookers you were joking about! hehe -

and wooo hooo for proud parent alert! :) thats awesome! :)

Rock Chef said...

Yes, the * was supposed to link the hookers comment to "joking". For some reason, London's best guitar shops are very close to Soho, where the hookers, strip clubs, etc are. Take a wrong turning after leaving a guitar shop and you suddenly find youself being asked if you want "a good time"!

terri said...

Did you really think we wouldn't understand that you were joking about the hookers without the disclaimer? :-)

Congratulations to your son! That is awesome!

Anonymous said...

I was kind of hoping for a hooker story. Could you make one up for us then?

Kiki said...

Soho in NY is full of all kinds of great shops....no hookers, whew! I'd hate to have to contend with that!!! So excited to hear how this all plays out for you, keep us updated.

WOO HOO on the proud parent alert!!! So awesome!!!

Rock Chef said...

Terri - I just wanted to be sure, that's all - belt and braces, as they say! Some people HAVE been known to misunderstand what I say, you know :-)

morethananelectrician - Well there are plenty of hooker stories on the web but the only true one I have is from my first visit to Malta about 15 years ago. I found myself in what had once been the red light district of Valletta, but now just a row of old bars and cafes. I was propositioned by a woman who must have been working there since the 1960s. I told her I was happily married, but she suggested that she could give me something different. Being as old as my mom for a start, I guess!
Needless to say, I got out of there pretty fast..

Kiki - NY has a Soho? I wonder how many Americans visit our one expecting something different?

Sid said...

Congrats on your son's achievements.

Rock Chef said...

Sid - thanks!

Sitting In Silence said...

Cool a huge congratulations to your son on a great result....well done !