Friday 7 October 2011

Friday - taking a 5 minute break...

Why did I do it?

In class on Monday - we all have to do a short presentation to explain an academic paper that we have read.

Guess who volunteered to go first?

Yep, that's right.

And I get to do it on this Monday!

I could have hung on until November, given myself plenty of time to prepare, but no.

Ah well it will all be over for me and give me a clear run at other stuff, so I am sure it is better this way really.

OK notes taken - reduced a 20 page article to 2 pages.

Now I just need to reduce those 2 pages to a single slide...

Wish me luck!

Back on Monday, unless I get some online time over the weekend...

4 comments:

CiCi said...

Knock 'em and rock 'em with your presentation. Going first sets the bar for others to try to attain.

terri said...

You're right. Going first is nerve-wracking, but it lets you get it out of the way so you can relax and put it behind you. I have no doubt you'll do great! Good luck!

Shrinky said...

There you go, feet first in, eh? Take a hip-flask along and good luck (tho' I'm sure you won't need it)!

agg79 said...

Bold man. I like your approach. Knock it out the tuff stuff first and then you can relax. Takes guts to set the bar for the rest and I hope you knock 'em dead. Good luck!