I was just trawling through the "My Documents" folder and found a Meme that I did soon after I started blogging. Given the first question, I thought it might be fun to see how my answers have changed in nearly 5 years. The original answer will be first, followed by the new one in bold.
1. How old will you be in five years? 48. 53.
2. Who did you spend at least two hours with today? My wife. My wife.
3. How tall are you? 6’2”. Same - haven't started shrinking yet...
4. What do you look forward to most in the next six weeks? Playing wargames all day at the Society of Ancients Battle Day. My daughter’s birthday. Summer! Halloween, Guy Fawkes Night, my baby brother's birthday.
5. What's the last movie you saw? Terminator III. Land of the Dead, which is a surprisingly good zombie movie.
6. Who was the last person you called? My friend Steve. My wife.
7. Who was the last person to call you? My wife. My dad.
8. What was the last text message you received? My friend Steve moaning about the NHS. My friend Steve talking about alien invasions.
9. Who was the last person to leave you a voicemail? Don’t know, I never get them. I still never get them!
10. Do you prefer to call or text? Call. Call. Unless I am in the middle of watching a movie - my dad rang during Land of the Dead...
11. What were you doing at 12am last night? Laying in bed reading about Alexander the Great. I guess that is rather sad. Sleeping...
12. Are your parents married/divorced? Divorced. Still divorced - in fact even more so right now!
13. When did you last see your mom? This morning. This morning.
14. What color are your eyes? Blue-grey but if I wear green they look green. Still the same...
15. What time did you wake up today? 6.30am. 7am. Getting old...
16. What are you wearing right now? Short sleeved shirt, trousers, slippers – and undies of course! Jeans, Star Wars t-shirt, trainers.
17. What is your favourite Christmas song? Away in a Manger. My mom used to sing this to me when I was a child – even in the middle of the summer! Can't change this one either!
18. Where is your favourite place to be? Anywhere with the wife and kids. Ditto. I am starting to think that I haven't changed that much!
19. Where is your least favorite place to be? The local hospital. Any hospital!
20. Where would you go if you could go anywhere? I would do the coast to coast tour of Canada. Hey, I will be doing something like this in 2013!
21. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years? Not far from where I am now! Who can tell? Guess it depends on what happens to the British education system!
22. Do you tan or burn? Tan very slightly. My skin is still the same...
23. What did you fear was going to get you at night as a child? Things in the shadows. No I was NOT scared of Hank Marvin! Hah, I like that answer!
24. What was the last thing that really made you laugh? A really dumb sketch on Radio 4. A TV show about alien visitors to earth where they kept putting in clips from 1950s scifi movies. It was hilarious even though it wasn't supposed to be.
25. How many TVs do you have in your house? 5. 5 different ones.
26. How big is your bed? Double. A different double.
27. Do you have a laptop or desktop computer? Both. Still both, but I never see the laptop which is more or less my daughter's now. So I guess I have a desktop.
28. Do you sleep with or without clothes on? Without unless it is really cold. Another thing that doesn't change!
29. What color are your sheets? Burgundy. Cream.
30. How many pillows do you sleep with? Four. Four new ones.
31. What is your favorite season? Autumn. Still Autumn, especially when it is a beautiful one like this!
32. What do you like about fall? Blackberry picking, crunching through fallen leaves. This year it is the feeling that we are finally having a summer!
33. What do you like about winter? Getting through it without getting too cold and wet on my bike! Same still! Plus Christmas, of course, and having a barbeque on Christmas Eve...
34. What do you like about the summer? Picnics, long family walks, sitting in the garden playing guitar. Ooooh Yeah!
35. What do you like about spring? Warm sun, blossom on the trees, longer days. Ditto.
36. How many states/provinces/counties have you lived in? 1. Still 1!
37. What cities/towns have you lived in? Herne Bay, Whitstable. Same again!
38. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? Slippers. Crocks...
39. Are you a social person? Sort of. I like company but can easily get along on my own. I am probably a bit less social at the moment...
40. What was the last thing you ate? A jelly baby. A roll with cheese, ham, tomatoes and chili sauce in it.
41. What is your favorite restaurant? Burrito Amigo. Not sure at the moment, we are experimenting.
42. What is your favorite ice cream? The white Italian stuff. Then I chuck all sorts of stuff on top. The Honeycomb stuff we had when we were camping - amazing...
43. What is your favorite dessert? Trifle. Probably angling towards something like banoffee pie these days.
44. What is your favorite kind of soup? Hot and Sour. Still Hot and Sour, but it has been a long time since I had soup.
45. What kind of jelly do you like on your PB & J sandwich? Bramble. Raspberry.
46. Do you like Chinese food? Oh yes! Chinese is the best, I love it!
47. Do you like coffee? NO! I hate anything that has coffee in it...
48. How many glasses of water, a day, do you drink on average? Plain water? None. I do drink about 3-4 pints of fruit squash each day, though. Still on squash - and Pepsi.
49. What do you drink in the morning? Squash. Squash.
51. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? I sleep away from the door, because my wife wants to be close to the door. Same. We tried switching but it just didn't work.
52. Do you know how to play poker? Vaguely. Better now than I was - had some practice while camping a couple of years ago when we played for biscuits.
53. Do you like to cuddle? Oh yes. Now that is another one that ain't gonna change!
54. Have you ever been to Canada? No. Soon...
55. Do you have an addictive personality? Yes. Yes, but it is more under control now, isn't it My Precious?
56. Do you eat out or at home more often? Home. But we are eating out more these days!
58. Do you know anyone with the same birthday as you? Not the say day, but 1 day either side. No change here!
59. Do you want kids? Did not want them until I found I was going to be a father. Now they are the centre of my life. It is funny how things change as they get older - it is gettimg more like sharing a house with a bunch of adults!
60. Do you speak any other languages? No, like a true Englishman. I started to learn German a long time ago...
61. Have you ever gotten stitches? Yes. Trying to remember when this was - ah, it was when a loft hatch hit me on the head! I laughed so much, but others insisted that I got looked at.
62. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance? Yes. Usually with Mrs RC in labour...
63. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool? Pool for swimming in, ocean to look at and listen to. Ocean all round now - I haven't been swimming for a long time.
64. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seats? Window. Window - I like to check that the wings are still there!
65. Do you know how to drive stick? How to what? ???
66. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? My kids. Same, but they are good kids and don't expect what I can't afford.
67. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7? No. I used to wear a ring that my wife gave me but it got caught on something at work (when I worked in a factory) and my hand nearly got dragged into a chopping machine so I stopped wearing it. Yes, I wear a wedding ring these days - Mrs RC finally dragged me to a shop and bought it.
68. What is your favorite TV show? Heroes. The Middle. Just love this show.
69. Can you roll your tongue? Yes. Why would someone ask this question????
70. Who is the funniest person you know? Steve. Still Steve!
71. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No in the bed – I have a couple of stuffed toys that are mine in the bedroom. Same.
72. What is the main ring tone on your phone? Incoming. My phone is old. Got rid of Incoming, just have a plain ring now. My phone is still the same old one...
73. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? No. Guess!
74. What red object is closest to you right now? My desk tidy. My can of Pepsi!
75. Do you turn off the water while you brush your teeth? Yes. Definitely!
76. Do you sleep with your closet doors open or closed? Who cares? They tend to be closed - our bedroom is small so we can't leave doors open without risking injury.
77. Would you rather be attacked by a big bear or a swarm of bees? A bear. Bears are cuddly and cute. OK, they are not but I think I would die much faster. I like that answer!
78. Do you flirt a lot? No. Nah, it's not right is it?
79. What do you dip a chicken nugget in? Hoisin. Sweet chili.
80. What is your favorite food? Mexican. Chinese.
81. Can you change the oil on a car? No but I don’t have a car! Same.
82. Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? No, they don’t tend to give tickets to cyclists. Same.
83. Have you ever run out of gas? Yes but a good Mexican soon fixes that! Oh, what a wit I have!
84. What is your usual bedtime? 11pm. More or less - sometimes it is 10pm, sometimes later.
85. What was the last book you read? The Campaigns of Alexander the Great. Bone in the Throat by Anthony Bordain. Not my usual stuff at all, but I enjoyed it.
86. Do you read the newspaper? No, I hate them all. Hate them even more these days!
87. Do you have any magazine subscriptions? Yes, ones about wargaming. No.
89. Do you watch soap operas? No. Definitely not!
90. Do you dance in the car? No car and you can’t dance on a bike. Same.
91. What radio station did you last listen to? InvictaFM. Radio 4 and Absolute Rock Radio.
92. Who is in the picture frame closest to you? My kids. The same photo!
93. What was the last note you scribbled on a piece of paper? A phone message for someone who was out of the office. Notes about some maps I was making.
94. What is your favorite candle scent? Not really my thing. Same.
95. What is your favorite board game? Backgammon. Chinese Checkers with loads of players.
96. Have you ever screamed at someone (not words - just a scream) in a public place, just for the sake of it? No. No, but I might do in the near future.
97. When was the last time you attended church? A wedding when I was about 18. A funeral last summer.
98.Who was your favorite teacher in high school? Mr Nicholson, my maths teacher who lived 2 doors away. Same.
99. What is the longest you have ever camped out in a tent? 1 night. 4 nights, but we usually do 3 at a time.
100. Who was the last person to do something extra special for you? My wife. My wife, again.
Phew, made it! Some changes but a fair amount hasn't changed, which is only natural I guess. Please feel free to ask extra questions while I am in the mood!