Thursday 16 December 2010

Quiet...

Work is really winding down for Christmas now, so I have started digging for data for my dissertation.  Hoping to make some really good maps of the USA to show population shift over the last 10 years, and hopefully some more to show changes in what work there is in the different sectors.  Geeky but fun, IMO.

Christmas Story just finished!  I had it running on a spare eMac that is in the office.  Time to put on Die Hard 2, I think!

Really starting to get in the mood for Christmas now - bought a few more presents at lunchtime!  Why does spending money always feel so good?

More soon.


HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!!!

Just found out that the first results from the US 2010 Census will be released on the 21st!  Can't wait to see what they give us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really? Die Hard 2.
The first one, definitely, but the second one. I dunno. I never dug that second one.

And Happy Christmas to you!

Rock Chef said...

Wigsf - Already had Die Hard on once...

CiCi said...

I hope you share the map of the US when you finish. Hubby and I have sorta been looking at the population shift too. When we left California for the midwest, we talked to lots of other people who were leaving California.

Rock Chef said...

TechnoBabe - Interesting! Bucking the old trend! Will let you have the map if it is any good!

terri said...

Hey, you're right! Spending money DOES feel good. I tried to spend some of mine over lunch break today but had no luck. Will try again tomorrow.

Rock Chef said...

Terri - You failed to spend money? How did you manage that? The usual story is trying to NOT spend and failing! :-)

agg79 said...

Don't forget that other Christmas Classic - Lethal Weapon. That will put you in the holiday mood.

Buying gifts for others does put me in a good mood/spirit. It's just the bills after the holidays that tend to be a downer.