Wednesday 26 March 2008

The T-Shirt Meme

The utterly fabulous Princess of the Universe tagged me for this meme.

Here are the rules:

1. Link back to the original post
2. Describe two t-shirts that you own.
3. If you design your own vanity t-shirt what would it say?
4. Where would you wear your vanity t-shirt?
5. Tag three of your best blogging buds. (I won't do this bit because it smacks of favouritism...)

My first t-shirt was bought for me on Father's Day 3 years ago. It is black with a picture of Homer Simpson on it. Homer has just painted "#1 DAD" on his own t-shirt. I wore it a lot while visiting my daughter in hospital during what was to be her last stay there so it holds lots of memories for me, both good and bad. I wear it a lot because the best memory that goes with it is when Sophie looked me in the eye and told me that I was the best dad.

My second t-shirt is one I bought last December. I was getting pretty frayed in the run up to Christmas and when I saw this t-shirt I just had to have it. It is dark green and the writing says "Desperately needing Christmas!" When Christmas finally came I got ill, so I almost changed the writing to say "Desperately needing ANOTHER Christmas!"

If I had a vanity t-shirt made it would have a picture of me playing a guitar on the front, with "ROCK CHEF'S GONNA ROCK YOUR WORLD!" written under it. It would come in a range of colours and I would wear them everywhere.

12 comments:

terri said...

I think you should really design the Rock Chef t-shirts and market them on your blog. Can I put in an order for a pink one?

Princess of the Universe said...

ME too! I think Terri has a solid idea there!

Rachael Rae Diaries said...

I love your t-shirt idea! That Rocks! I totally want one to! Ha Ha!

Jen said...

So say I!

It's been voted. Pink Rock Chef Rocking the World t-shirts must be mass produced and coveted.

I think the Homer t-shirt is probably the most awesome t-shirt I've ever heard about.

kenady said...

I would like a yellow one! Thanks!

Kiki said...

I agree, I want a pink one...you need to get right on this!!!

I will think highly of Homer Simpson ever more...{{hugs}} to you.

Rock Chef said...

Hah, you girls crack me up!

Logzie said...

Great Meme idea!!

I will order 5...one for all of us! :0)

Rock Chef said...

Logzie - Yes, it is a great one isn't it. Can I persuade you to give it a try? And now you are saying you want 5 Rock Chef t-shirts! You can't really expect me to believe that you REALLY want them!

James said...

Hi John thanks for the comment on my wargames blog. I know you are not too keen on Salute anyway. But it has become a ritual with me now every year and the kids too enjoy it.It is the only show I go to (being situated in London has a lot to do with it). I have pre-ordered some stuff but I don't buy as much as I used to. I like to look at participation games more now and also meet up with friends such as Matakishi and the TSOA chaps from the Netherlands. Sadly my mate Dennis from New York will not be there this year.
Good luck with the Battle Day.

Logzie said...

Yes, I'll give it a try today.

AND...YES, I do want FIVE!!! That's one for each member of my family and maybe throw in a few extra for all of my friends! LOL!!

Rock Chef said...

James - have a great day. Maybe I will see about getting there next year.

Logzie - Now you are just being silly! :-)