Tuesday 3 November 2015

Poor Neglected Blog...

Back for another visit to my poor, tumbleweed infested blog.


What has been happening in the world of RC?


Hm....


Flu. 


Yes, we have had a plague ravaging the house.  Mrs RC is in her third week of feeling bad, I am in my second week, thought I had shaken it but it is still lingering.


We had a parents evening at school for Arnie, our youngest.  Mrs RC usually goes, but as she was deep in the misery of flu I went along instead.  Nothing but praise for our guy (forgot the Proud Parent Warning, sorry!).  But he is doing a great job, getting his work done in good time, getting to the gym, having a social life.  He even took one of the teachers to task for being late giving out some homework because it messed with his timetable!


England seems to have a blanket of fog at the moment, there are some great photos showing just the tops of London's tallest buildings poking out of it, eg...


It is pretty think, often dropping visibility to about 50 yards, which makes the roads a bit dicey at times!

Had a good ride in the fog on Sunday.  I had been planning a day with lots of rest, but early on the light tube in the main bathroom died, so I decided to go for a stroll down to the local hardware shop to buy a replacement.  I ambled down there only to find they were out of stock, so I ambled back home again.

The next nearest hardware store is about 2 miles away, or 3 if you take the meandering lanes which are much safer in the fog.  So I jumped on my bike, peddled over (following the lanes for safety), bought the tube and peddled back again.

As soon as I took the tube out of the box I knew it wasn't right.  They are not supposed to rattle!

So back to the shop, along the lanes again, grabbing a replacement that did not rattle (4th time lucky!), and then home again.

This one did keep me hanging for a couple of minutes before it actually came on, but it did work in the end.

By this time it was mid afternoon, and Mrs RC was just putting a huge roast dinner on the table, so all was well in the end.  And no one had to have a bath in the dark that night...

6 comments:

terri said...

We had some fog here this morning, and it was pretty, but nothing compared to the fog in your photo!

What a great feeling to be so proud of your son. He sounds like he's got it all together and getting himself a strong start in life.

Sorry to hear that the flu made the rounds in your house. Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

ShadowRun300 said...

I just drove home from work in some deep fog. Not fun to do in the dark. Your fog looks prettier.
As for Arnie, brag away! You have every right to be proud!
And a 3 week flu?! Sounds miserable. Sure hope you all are feeling better soon!

Shammickite said...

I think I caught your flu as I've been housebound for the past week, with a box of Kleenex on hand in each room, and lots of cold medications. Better today, and it's my birthday!!!! No fog here, just blue sky and sunshine, 20C very unusual for Canada in November. Hooray for Arnie, good to know that his teachers are proud of him, and you are too.

Abby said...

Ugh, flu! I hope you're all on the mend now. And way to go, Arnie!
Your fog is pretty. I rather enjoy bicycling in fog, as long as there are no surprise obstacles.

Riot Kitty said...

Hope you are all feeling better! (Stop by my blog when you are...)

Unknown said...

You can have flu for weeks?!
I dont know if that is possible.
Load yourself with vegs and fruits and do lots of walking.