Monday 22 September 2014

Update

Sorry to say, we lost Sonic.

Things were looking very hopeful, he was getting stronger, more interested in eating.  But then something horrible happened.  Something in one of his ears burst, releasing a mass of maggots/worms.

Mrs RC cleared them all out and treated the wound, but he was not the same after that, became lethargic and died that evening.

We are all very sad, we got very attached to Sonic while he was with us.



We are now into our last week before Number One Son goes back to Uni.  Yes, I know it is very late compared with the USA and Canada.  He has been home for months and it has been great having him around.  Going to miss him really bad this time, I know.  Going to miss his humour and his views on society and politics.  He has this way of looking at a situation (usually something that I just look at and think "Yeah, that's how things work") and saying "How did that come about?  It is just wrong and should be changed!"  He should have been around when protesting actually achieved things, and would probably have changed the world!



Having missed the last wargames tournament because I was ill, I am now liked up to play in a 1 day event at the beginning of November.  Looking at the armies I could take, I am angling towards Crusaders - a mass of God-fearing knights backed up by a rabble of fanatical peasants.  Might even include a Holy Relic to make them fight even harder.  All I will need to do is point them in the right direction before losing control of them...  Should be a blast!

8 comments:

Abby said...

Aw, I'm sorry to hear of Sonic's passing. Sounds rather traumatic.

And yes, sending the kids back out after they've been nicely in is always tough, but the natural order of things. That's what I tell myself.

Betty said...

I'm so sorry.

agg79 said...

I am so very sorry about Sonic. I was looking forward to lots of stories about his adventures with the Rock Chef clan.

It does seem late, but then again, your school runs to a completely different schedule that we have over here. No matter how late or early it is, it is always hard to see them go back to their other life. It is a definite step onto a different path that makes it hard to accept.

And good luck in the wargames. Keep that Holy Relic close by.

ShadowRun300 said...

I know it'll be tough saying goodbye. But you have SO much to be proud of. And it's hard to be sad when you see them so happy. :)
So sorry to hear about Sonic. He would've made a great addition to your family. And probably offered some fun blog topics.
Nice that you have another wargames to look forward to. First you gotta fight off the evil viruses so you can stay well enough to fight.

Riot Kitty said...

Oh! I am so sorry. Poor little guy. But at least he was cuddled and loved and didn't die out in the woods, alone.

Anonymous said...

Aw, I am so sorry about Sonic.

terri said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Sonic. Poor little guy! At least he had the comfort of your care in his last days instead of suffering all alone.

I know how hard it is to see your son go back to school. I kept asking Kacey if she couldn't just stay home, and she said, "Sure, I'll just live here until I'm 40 or so and rely on you to keep supporting me." That kind of put things in perspective, but didn't make me miss her any less.

lotta joy said...

That could very well be why he was alone in the great outdoors. Maybe mom knew something was wrong and carried the others into another direction. I don't know, but whenever a little critter dies, it goes against my grain. Sorry buddy.