Monday 13 January 2014

Monday



Well, the weekend was far too short, still feel worn out from last week to be honest!  Maybe I am on the edge of a bug or something?  Not sure, but I hope this passes soon.

I did get some more of my zombie book typed up in draft last night, which was good - not much more to type up, then I can focus on finishing off the rest of the story - then it will be rewrite time, making sure the time lines match up, fleshing out the characters, etc.  While typing I found a scene that I had forgotten about - the arrival of the Maltese Terrier, a yapping mutt that wants someone to constantly throw his stick for him.  What to do with him?

What would YOU do with him?

13 comments:

Shammickite said...

Throw the stick as far as I can, then run away before he comes back!

Rock Chef said...

Shammickite - Yep, that is one thing that they try...

Shammickite said...

Could exchange the stick for a stick of dynamite.

Rock Chef said...

Shammickite - That is evil!

Abby said...

Zombie limbs. Throw zombie limbs.

ShadowRun300 said...

Repeat after me. "I'm not getting sick. I'm not getting sick...."
I'm quite certain your idea of what to do with the Maltese will be much more creative than anything I can come up with. I'll wait til the book comes out to see what happens.

Riot Kitty said...

I'd have him be the one character who comes out OK. :)

Rock Chef said...

Abby - No, he has a stick and he loves it.

ShadowRun300 - Well he does become an important part of the story...

Riot Kitty - Still haven't decided on his eventual fate... But I am sure it won't be bad!

terri said...

Okay, well personally, I'd adopt the Maltese Terrier and keep him as my side kick. He's not a zombie dog, right? Or is he?

Rock Chef said...

Terri - No, he is not a zombie dog. If he was he would be wanting people to throw a foot or something :-)

agg79 said...

Ok, I am seeing the dog in the story as initially as annoying, but then he plays a critical role in alerting everyone about a pending zombie attack. I would even go as far to use Shammickite's suggestion of a stock of dynamite and have it come back to blow up a pack of zombies. Hero dog saves the day. Drama, suspense, comedy, and a dog. How can you lose?

AS for being sick, stick with the old Jedi mind trick - These are not the droids you are looking for and I am not sick.

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Hah, you are thinking along the right lines there!

Shammickite said...

the plot thickens......