Friday 11 October 2013

Friday? Again?

Well, that week went past in a blur!

I guess that part of the blur was caused my the headache that lasted a good part of the week.  Monday I was ill enough to take the day off (a rare thing!), and for the rest of the week I have felt more or less OK, except for the head thingy - not crippling, just "there", if you know what I mean.

Anyway, other things!

The kids are all doing good!  Youngest son is well into his fitness regime now, just waiting to hang the punch bag in his room...

Our daughter is having a great time doing work experience in a large pet store.  Lots of stories coming out of this, including nutty customers and fish on feeding frenzies (a big one ending up in the same tank as a load of juicy little ones, NOT MY DAUGHTER'S DOING,by the way)....  Good job the two were not at the same time!

Number One Son is settled at Uni, after a brief scare that his bank account might have been hacked.  It hadn't, it was just the bank being careful as his account went from no activity all summer to a sudden surge of cash in and out.  A worrying moment, but good to see they are on the ball, really!

The weekend?  Hoping for a relaxing time, doing some work on my toy soldiers, etc.  I have already given a few of my Scots new shields (old fashioned square Pictish shields) and intend to give a few more some Viking style helmets.  I am even tempted to sneak in one with wings or horns on his helmet, just to upset the purists  :-)

Have a great weekend!  Hope to be more active next week!

7 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Glad you're feeling a little better. Just in time for the weekend too!
At the hotel, I often see banks decline authorization for the out of town travelers. They have to call, assure the banks it's really them, and then we can finish up. It's a pain sometimes, but I suppose in the long run, it's nice the banks are watching out for their safety.
I bet your daughter loves working in a pet store, even with the occasional juicy fish demise.
Have a great weekend! Looking forward to some soldier pics in the near future...

Abby said...

Happy weekend to you! What was with that headache? Yuck.

We hung a heavy bag from a basement ceiling once. It seemed to me that the house took a beating too! How big is your son's punch bag?

I've often thought I would enjoy working with animals - like your daughter's job or at a shelter or zoo. I guess being a high school teacher has its similarities...

lotta joy said...

I have what is called "cluster" headaches. They nest in one eye socket and can last for months. It takes time to get used to the pain of a headache...about as long as it takes for it to leave.

Riot Kitty said...

So did the big fish eat all of the little fish? Don't just leave me hanging!

Hope your headache is long gone by the time you read this.

terri said...

A headache bad enough to keep you home? That's not good. Maybe it was the "blurriness" of the week. I'm a frequent headache sufferer and they are almost always caused by tension in my neck. I try to remember when spending hours at the computer, to stretch, walk around and not slouch.

I'm jealous of your son's punching bag. I wanted to get one and hang it in the garage. Mark consider's the garage to be his and said no way.

I'm sure your daughter is having a blast working in the pet store. Must be fun to be around all of those pets, especially the cute and furry ones.

What a relief that your oldest son's account was not hacked. And it's good to know that the bank is doing its part ot protect the customers!

Enjoy your weekend!

CiCi said...

One of those lousy headaches that just won't go away, eh. And you only took one day off. Maybe sinus? Right now it is allergy season here, so many of us with runny noses and itchy eyes.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend.

Rock Chef said...

ShadowRun300 - there might be some soldier pics very soon!

Abby - the punch bag is about 4 feet long - I was expecting a small one and was mildly concerned about the amount they were charging for delivery, but when I saw it I think we got a good deal!

Lotta Joy - Oh, those eye socket headaches....

Riot Kitty - Um, yes, it ate or killed just about everything :-(

Terri - He wouldn't let you? I would have thought he would have been happy to let you beat the hell out of a punch bag! ;-)

CiCi - Good weekend, thanks - we have had massive rain, so I think the air is now a clean as it will ever get.