Monday 20 May 2013

Getting my hand in again!

A long time ago, I had thought about designing toy soldiers, but gave up.
 
I used to spend a lot of time modifying figures, changing weapons, adding new hats, cloaks, etc.  It was fun.
 
With the impending games of D&D, I decided to sort out a figure for my character. He is a Dwarf how has forgotten that he is a Dwarf - he just thinks he is a short human with very vigorous beard growth.  He wears a floppy hat and uses a rapier - in the style of the 3 Musketeers.
 
I found an old figure, removed his horned helmet and gave him a new hat and rapier (a pin).
 
 
I really enjoyed doing it.  OK it isn't a masterpiece of conversion, but it should look great when it is painted.

7 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

That is so cool! What other designs do you have?

Rock Chef said...

Riot Kitty - I have got hundreds of these things - most are historical, eg Turks, Romans, Gauls etc, but some are fantasy/mythical, eg Orcs, Dwarves, Lizardmen, and Duckmen. Yes my wife is a saint...

Shammickite said...

You should put a matchbox or a penny next to him so we can see the scale.
And you are right.... your wife deserves a medal!

Rock Chef said...

Shammickite - he is about an inch tall.

terri said...

He appears to be an extremely confident dwarf... er... I mean, "short human."

Rock Chef said...

Terri - Thank you for correcting yourself! :-)

agg79 said...

Why is it seem like the shorter the stature, the bigger the attitude. Orro looks like one short human not to be trifled with.