Friday 16 March 2012

The End is Near!

One way or the other, the end is coming.

Off to Malta on Wednesday, so away from the insanity that currently surrounds me.

5 weeks to finish my dissertation.  It is going to go to the wire, totally against my original plans, but as they say "No plan ever survives contact with the enemy"!  I am taking my laptop to Malta and intend to break the back of things there, working when the students are working and maybe pulling a couple of hours late each evening too.  Wish me luck!

Nearly St Patrick's Day!  I have a half written song about Irish things that would make me a million if I ever finished it - I plan to have it ready for next year.

Argh.  I am using someone else's PC right now and it has a curved keyboard - it is driving me nuts!  I go to hit backspace because I mistyped something and hit Return instead!

OK, lunchtime now!  Yay!

More soon!

5 comments:

ShadowRun300 said...

Good luck in Malta! Hopefully things will work out the way you planned....
I hate breaking in a new keyboard. I'm finally starting to get used to this one, but the delete key still throws me off - I end up hitting the 'home' button and my cursor jumps to the beginning of the line and I erase the wrong word.... such aggravation. :)
Enjoy your lunch! Donuts and chocolate again??

CiCi said...

Malta and working on your dissertation too. You seem so busy right now.

Your Irish song sounds like fun, we will enjoy hearing it whenever you finish it.

I never did care for the ergonomically correct keyboards. My daughter loves hers.

agg79 said...

Good luck in Malta! I think that is a fantastic opportunity that you can take advantage of while still trying to finish your dissertation. Enjoy the road trip and make sure you blog from the road. We'd like to see some RC insights from Malta. And throw in some pictures, man.

And changing keyboards is almost as bad as using someone else's glasses. I've never have gotten used to those ergonomic keyboards.

terri said...

You're going to work so hard in Malta, I hope you find time to enjoy the trip too.

I tried one of those curved keyboards once. I couldn't even get my fingers to do the right letters! Not for me!

Abby said...

Thanks for taking the time to keep us inquisitive blog readers up to date - curved keyboard and all!