Monday 30 June 2014

Weekend....

Friday's band practice was interesting - the guitarist was elsewhere, so we had drums, bass and singer.  Interesting and quite constructive, allowing us to hammer out a few things that might have been missed if we were all there.  Yes, a singer!  He is the guy who used to sing for us 30 years ago, so it has been a fun reunion!

Saturday I was supposed to go out for dinner but I woke up feeling like I was not really there.  I just felt "wrong", if you know what I mean, so I cancelled and went for a relaxing day.  I soon got very relaxed and spent about 3 hours sleeping on the sofa.  While I was asleep, Mrs RC went out and bought me some things to make me feel better, including the second Hobbit DVD, which we watched in the evening.

Sunday was better, but I still managed to pull the "In need something to give me a boost" card, persuading my wonderful wife to make a banofee pie.

It was wonderful - she experimented with peanut butter in the biscuit base....

 
Others in the house clearly appreciated the new recipe, I was lucky to get a photo of the last piece before someone (me) ate it.  With Number One Son home from Uni, food seems to vanish unless placed under armed guard...
 
The pond has been going well - George and Toffee Penny are eating and growing well.  Recently we have been watching the water lily come into bud, but refuse to flower - can't be long now, they look fit to burst!

 
 
 
Ah, the joys of carrying your camera with you.  I was able to catch these guys in action this morning, just as I arrived at work...

 
 
 
(Taken with my arm at full stretch - my usual "point and click" technique).

8 comments:

Shammickite said...

I like those poppies, I have never had any luck growing poppies from seed, and now my garden is just too small to grow all the things I would like to see there.
I've been under the weather too, I'm in my second week of a sneezy sore throat nose-blowing head cold. And its 29C outside!

Rock Chef said...

Shammidkite - Sorry to hear that, hope you throw it off soon!

ShadowRun300 said...

Sorry you don't feel well, but it got you some banoffee pie! Way to work it! And you DO have a wonderful wife. I tell my hubby often that I wish I had a wife. I think I'll choose yours. :)
Sounds like your band is coming along nicely. Have plans to play anywhere yet?

terri said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather, but napping and being pampered by Mrs. RC doesn't sound entirely miserable! Hope you're feeling better now.

The pie looks delicious!

Your pond is looking impressive!

Abby said...

I have no idea what banofee pie is, but it looks delish. Sorry you had to feel bad to get it, but all good in the end! Mrs. RC could give classes in good wifedom.
Lovely photos of the pond!

Riot Kitty said...

Those are so pretty! But OMG - I have to eat that pie. Right. Now.

Rock Chef said...

ShadowRun300 - Hands off, she is mine! :-)

Terri - Feeling a lot better now, thanks!

Abby - Banofee is biscuit base, then banana with toffee/caramel poured over it, topped with cream and stuff. It is the best!

Riot Kitty - That is what the kids said too!

agg79 said...

Sorry to hear you were under the weather but it looks like you bounced back well enough. Thanks, not doubt, to Mrs RC's excellent care. I have to make it a point to try some banofee one day (on my food bucket list).

The pond is really looking good. No more fish drama, I assume.