Thursday 5 June 2014

My Little Ponies

 
I have been doing a bit more on the Scottish army.
 

Some of the richer men can ride to the battle, using the extra speed to get into a good position before things start getting really nasty. To indicate this ability, the men need model ponies with them.
 
Now I could have bought some new models, but in this age of austerity I decided to save the money and put in a bit more work myself.  Digging in my boxes of unused models, I found a load of donkey type creatures that had originally been acquired to pull some very early chariots.  That army is never going to see the light of day, so I stole the donkeys and set about turning them into ponies, by adding tails and manes made out of modelling putty...
 
 
 
Yes, they do have very fluffy manes, but I think they will work well when I have painted them.  As a concession to the My Little Pony look, the one with the fluffiest mane and tail will be painted pink. 
 
Wonder if my opponents will notice?



7 comments:

Shammickite said...

Don't forget the sparkles for the pink one.

Rock Chef said...

Shammickite - OK!

Riot Kitty said...

Love them!! And I also support glitter.

Unknown said...

It is a terrible sight to see mighty Legionaires astride on their My Little Ponies & Friends!

Abby said...

Friendship is Magic. Even in battle.

terri said...

That's a very thrifty and creative decision! I'll bet they turn out great once they're all painted! The pink one will add some humor to the game, I'm sure!

agg79 said...

Never quite pictured My little Pony in battle but you make it work. Innovative use of some extra "horsepower".