Friday 23 May 2014

Friday!

My PC is thinking again, so I will take the opportunity to give a Friday update.

Spent a few hours typing up more of my scrawled zombie notes last night.  I must say that I am rather impressed with the quality of my writing, even if my hand writing leaves something to be desired...

Number One Son had 3 exams yesterday.  They were 3 one hour exams rolled together, so they could set their own pace.  He was pleased with how it all went.  He has more next week, which he thinks should be easier....

Tomorrow, we are meeting up with an old Canadian friend of mine. We have met a few times before.  This time we are meeting in Canterbury for a stroll through the city, a beer and some lunch and the obligatory Geekfest game of toy soldiers.  Our original plan had been to meet at the site of the Battle of Bosworth (Richard III, "My Kingdom for a horse" and all that) but in the end we went for a more friendly day.  Looking forward to it - I have known him for years and we have a lot in common.

Sunday sees another band practice (shunted from tonight).  We are getting the song list under control now.  Here is another one that I think we will be adding...


Monday is a national holiday, woo hoo!  Probably being lazy that day.

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

Shammickite said...

Did you say in an earlier post that you are in Whitstable? A good friend of mine here in Canada grew up there.

Abby said...

Sounds good all around! I wonder if "Uni" final exams are much different than ours over here.

I always love me some pre-Sammy Haggar Van Halen. We (I) actually named one of our kids after Eddie VH. Can you guess his name?? :)

ShadowRun300 said...

I'm so envious of your ability to have guilt free lazy days! What's your secret?
Happy to hear your band practices are continuing! Love the new addition to your play list.
And will we be getting another clip of your well-written zombie novel soon?

terri said...

I love that you're impressed with your own writing! You should be! I'm glad the zombie novel is taking shape.

My youngest brother was a huge fan of Van Halen in his teen years. That song brought back memories.

Unknown said...

"I must say that I am rather impressed with the quality of my writing" True words from a master writer, ha ha ha!

Hello RC!! Long time no siege.

Riot Kitty said...

Hey, when are we going to see your band's videos? :)

Rock Chef said...

Shammickite - I am in Herne Bay, just a few miles along the coast from Whitstable. We lived there for a few years and still visit fairly often.

Abby - Exams here are usually 2-3 hours long, and count for a varied amount of each module's final score - usually between about 40% and 80%.

ShadowRun300 - Lazy Days? I think we just make them happen. I will probably post some more of the story soon...

Terri - I hope it was good memories!

Shadowthorne - Good to see you again! I will pop over to see you.

Riot Kitty - Hm, not sure, maybe soonish, we will have to see how the next couple of meetings go.

agg79 said...

Cannot wait to read the next installment of the zombie tale.

I agree with you on your plans for lazy days. Sometimes you have to just do nothing to enjoy the day. We're off on Monday as well. Enjoy the long weekend.

Shammickite said...

TessaDog is a golden doodle with a severe summer haircut, that's why she looks (and runs) like a whippet!

Rock Chef said...

Agg79 - Hope you find some time to do nothing!

Shammickite - Aw, wonderful! Any chance of a closeup so we can get a good look at her?

Shammickite said...

If you go to my blog, click on "Tessa" in the labels at the bottom of the post, all the posts about Tessa will appear.... keep scrolling down, there are some better pictures of her. Keep going till you get to the mud bath pictures!